Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Misplayed flush? party 5/10

I havent posted very much at all but made a comitment to post a bit more often...hopefully something comes of it.

Party 5/10 6max
villian in this hand is a 5/10 regular OPTcnformist. He is an exteamly aggresive player capable of 2 or 3 barrels with a wide variety of hands if he thinks opponents will fold. He plays eveything very fast and will often raise and reraise with any kinda of big draw or big hand. Preflop his standards can be very loose depending on his mood.

I($1700) limp UTG with JsTs, villian(1200) completes in the SB and BB checks.

Flop: QsTd7s

villian bets, 30 BB fold and I call. Turn is 8s, compleating my flush. Villian bets 80, I call. River is 5d...he checks, I bet 125, and he raises to 500! I call.

During this hand I was hoping to just let him bet and pop him on the end...when he checked I was just bet something I thought he might call.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Misplayed flush? party 5/10

Open limp with JTs UTG..... meh.

Raise the flop. You've got a great draw here and are 50/50 against most of his holdings.

Raise the turn: Can't be letting lone spades outdraw, now can we? Loose villian might even think his straight draw is good. Not to mention action killing cards on the river.

River is fine, lots of smaller flushes could make this bet.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Misplayed flush? party 5/10

This guy has such a tendancy to just keep hammering I though raising on the river would be alot more profitable, and get him to call with more hands as there would be far more in the pot, though I forgot to consider a spade kills my action there are all sorts of stright draws he might hit.

If I raise the turn and he goes over top again/moves in is this an easy fold or an obligatory call vs this kind of player?