Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 10:33 PM

Default I am the best NL player at.....

paying off like a slot machine. I mean I really am better than any of you at it. Jesus. Do you get away from these?

2/4

I limp 33, someone makes it 16 to go, 1 caller, I call.

Flop K73 2 clubs

checked around

Turn J

I lead for 32, raiser called.

River 7

I bet 40, villain minraises. I'm about 70% sure he has KK and I call anyway.

Hand 2:

Villain has habitually been raising my blind, it's pissing me off and he is solid, 5/10, he makes it 30 to go on the button, I call in the sb with AJo, BB calls.

Flop: J76 twotone

I check, BB checks, villain bets 30, I call, BB drops

Turn J

I check/call 50

River 4 (rainbow)

I bet 100, he makes it 300, I call like a fish.

What is a better river line? Check/call? If he missed or just has a pair he will not bet this river, if he has a better hand he raises, so what should i do? The only hand I see just calling my river bet would be KJ-JT
Old 05-01-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: I am the best NL player at.....

I would put a raise in somewhere before the river, probably checkraise on the flop trying to end the hand right there. You are giving away too many free/cheap cards and dont find out where you stand imo.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
paying off like a slot machine. I mean I really am better than any of you at it. Jesus. Do you get away from these?

2/4

I limp 33, someone makes it 16 to go, 1 caller, I call.

Flop K73 2 clubs

checked around

Turn J

I lead for 32, raiser called.

River 7

I bet 40, villain minraises. I'm about 70% sure he has KK and I call anyway.

Hand 2:

Villain has habitually been raising my blind, it's pissing me off and he is solid, 5/10, he makes it 30 to go on the button, I call in the sb with AJo, BB calls.

Flop: J76 twotone

I check, BB checks, villain bets 30, I call, BB drops

Turn J

I check/call 50

River 4 (rainbow)

I bet 100, he makes it 300, I call like a fish.

What is a better river line? Check/call? If he missed or just has a pair he will not bet this river, if he has a better hand he raises, so what should i do? The only hand I see just calling my river bet would be KJ-JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, bet the flop man unless you are sure that raiser will autobet. A big card on board for someone to hit, two clubs on board... There's no excuse for not getting more money in there.

Hand 2, I like your line. Leading out on the river, he may pay you off with an overpair. Your call on whether to call the river raise.

If the guy keeps raising his button, come over the top (~80-100) with some pairs and connectors, maybe AK.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:13 PM

I was planning on checkraising the flop in hand 1 since I don't do it enough wtih sets and the flop was twotone, I was expecting the raiser to autobet it, he normally does, guess I now know why he didn't...
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 AM

if someone raises my blind 100% off the button in hand 2 I'd be tempted to make it 100 with AJo and auto bet the flop big

if you dont do this already, it takes them a while to figure out what you're doing.

the first one i call too, but i guess you dont really beat anything that will minraise the river. but you're getting like 6:1 on a call, so surely he has only AK or AJ or a weird bluff THAT small % of the time to make the call fine.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:55 AM

I think you should be betting the flops on hand 1 and hand 2 you have no idea where your at not doing that.....it seems way to passive to me...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:45 AM

The damage seems really minor in both of these hands. I would be happy about not getting stacked on the first hand.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:30 AM

Minor yes, but still possible mistakes on some streets, I was also looking for alternative ways to prevent more expensive mistakes on future streets...
Old 05-02-2005, 03:03 AM

Without thinking about it really hard I think the only "mistake" you made in either of these hands was not losing more.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should be betting the flops on hand 1 and hand 2 you have no idea where your at not doing that.....it seems way to passive to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be the advantages of leading of hand 1 if you were say 75% sure the raiser would bet into you on the flop? a checkraise, which you would get in most of the time, would still get AK or AA to call, which are hands you're up against the majority of the time if he calls, and would eliminate a drawing opportunity for the guy in between.
In hand 2, I wouldnt lead mainly beause of the villain was tricky/aggressive, leading into the villain would define your hand and hero could easily be pushed off hand later and wouldnt get pair off either. Stop and go if that turn isnt a jack?