Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Hold\'em in Reno?

I'm taking a road trip through Reno in a couple of weeks.Any reccomendations where I can play cards for an evening?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Hold\'em in Reno?

I was just there a few weeks ago, stayed at the Peppermill. I played most at the Peppermill and Harrah's, but here's what I remember:

Peppermill: I played the 4/8 kill game while I was there. They also spread 2/4 and 15/30. The 4/8 game was the typical low limit game with plenty of action. There were usually 3-4 tables going at a time.

Harrah's: This room has only been open for a couple of months. They have daily 10 a.m. NL tournaments for $25 - each day I was there, there were 10-12 players with first place taking all the cash. Most of the players in the tournaments were not very good. They spread 3-6, and again the typical loose low limit game. I spent most of my time at the Peppermill, so I'm not sure if they spread other games or how busy the room was, but there was only a single table going whenever I was there.

I believe the El Dorado also has a poker room, along with Circus Circus and the Atlantis. I didn't play in any of them, so I can't comment.

Good luck!