Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Stars 500k QQ hand.. ummm

PokerStars Game #2711310913: Tournament #12671146, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2005/10/02 - 16:36:30 (ET)
Table '12671146 127' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: doubleace13 (2380 in chips)
Seat 2: OCANOBEER (2820 in chips)
Seat 3: Bebop86 (2500 in chips)
Seat 4: ITG7 (2240 in chips)
Seat 5: SPQR007 (2340 in chips)
Seat 6: LTP124 (2450 in chips)
Seat 7: mr. lee1 (2460 in chips)
Seat 8: nino31 (2410 in chips)
Seat 9: Nicodemus75 (2820 in chips)
Nicodemus75: posts small blind 10
doubleace13: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Bebop86 [Qh Qd]
OCANOBEER: calls 20
Bebop86: raises 70 to 90
ITG7: raises 130 to 220
SPQR007: folds
LTP124: folds
mr. lee1: folds
nino31: folds
Nicodemus75: folds
doubleace13: folds
OCANOBEER: folds
Bebop86: calls 130
*** FLOP *** [Jh Th 5c]
Bebop86: checks
ITG7: bets 280
Bebop86: calls 280
*** TURN *** [Jh Th 5c] [3c]
Bebop86: checks
ITG7: bets 120
Bebop86: calls 120
*** RIVER *** [Jh Th 5c 3c] [Ad]
Bebop86: bets 500

i pretty much detest how i played this hand. i was very very confused about what to do, and i almost just mucked on the flop. every hand i was ahead of that rr pf just beat me, and AK isnt looking awful either. god. ok so whats a better line? i havent been this tricked out about a hand in a LONG time. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Stars 500k QQ hand.. ummm

I lead the turn when the blank hits, I think it's pretty hard for anyone to raise you there unless they beat KK at least.

When the ace hits on the river I think you should probably be checking and calling for value, especially since his small turn bet makes a big river bet appear unlikely for him since you have shown such weakness in the hand.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:02 PM

I don't like the river bet with how you played the hand on prior streets. you played scared of an overpair of maybe JJJ. the A on the end isnt scaring any hands you put him on, except KK, who is going to call this anyway
Old 10-02-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the river bet with how you played the hand on prior streets. you played scared of an overpair of maybe JJJ. the A on the end isnt scaring any hands you put him on, except KK, who is going to call this anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea i know all this. im asking about a better line thanks. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 05:06 PM

I'd either lead or CR that flop with all those draws out there. You'll get a lot more information that way.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead the turn when the blank hits, I think it's pretty hard for anyone to raise you there unless they beat KK at least.

When the ace hits on the river I think you should probably be checking and calling for value, especially since his small turn bet makes a big river bet appear unlikely for him since you have shown such weakness in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like leading the turn and folding to a raise, however I dont understand why you would check call the river, just about every preflop reraising hand has you beat by now, I dont think he's betting the river with 99 or any other hand you beat.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like leading the turn and folding to a raise, however I dont understand why you would check call the river, just about every preflop reraising hand has you beat by now, I dont think he's betting the river with 99 or any other hand you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I mean if he's going to bet 150 or 200 again like he did on the turn I would pay that off with the amount of weird donk plays i see early in these tournies
Old 10-02-2005, 06:59 PM

At least you realized that you played the hand wrong. It is a tricky hand.

Why bet the river? My guess is that I am beat now. Did you bet out of frustration? If your intution tells you that you are beat why not just give it up? Move on to the next hand, there will be lots more to come.

You need to get info on the flop here. You have an over pair, but it is vulnerable. I would go for a check raise here. If he flat calls on it than I would assume that he has a suited AK/ AQ and is going for the flush or over card. If you get re-raised than you can fold with ease. You can't passively play what you think is the winner and call him down hoping he doesn't bet too much. And more important let that ace come out for free! At least take away his pot odds and force him to make the mistake of calling you. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 08:50 PM

yea believe it or not im actually not an awful player. who woulda thought. it was a very tricky hand that could have a lot of potential plays. i didnt wanna get it in on the flop at all, as just about anything getting it in there is crushing me. i wanted to keep it slow, and not lose too many chips on the hand.

as for betting the river? i duno i didnt wanna check fold, but i could have i guess.. why i bet? sheesh i duno i guess im a donk. funny little outcome was that i bet 500 on the end, he called, and i won the pot. he had 77. yea, whatever. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 PM

River bet is the only part of the hand I don't like, unlucky ace got there, if he was bluffing with AK or if he has AJ, he is going to call you everytime in that spot. If he held KK, he probably still makes a crying call. You can only hope he has KJ/QJ or smaller pair, which looks unlikely to me. You could have raised the turn, but why not allow him to bluff off some more chips if he doesn't already have you beat.