Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Default William,care to discuss this?

After reading the entire thread of the tinfoil hat poll "Is online poker safe",one of William's posts in burning a hole in me.He claims he knows some gangster thugs that own a poker site with all sorts of shady dealings going on.
Which one?Has there been a post about this before or do you feel no obligation to this community to share this info?
If you really do know of an underhanded site and you haven't posted a warning to this forum,I'm deeply offended that you still post here.
If it has been posted,I apologize.If not,please explain yourself.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:44 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: William,care to discuss this?

I have mentionned this kind of things many times, usually it ends in everybody calling me names and it is my experience, both from live, online poker and the real life that most people even if they are showed the evidence that something is hurting them, won't change their habits.
As I mentionned before, I know of 1 site for sure and have heard from reliable sources from various other places + we all know about the couple of sites that actually stole customer's money. I also know of organized groups of colluders that cheat online because I have been asked to be part of one of those groups.
This is because before I played online, I played a lot of live poker and you meet all kind of people and after some time, they got so used to me that they would just talk about many of their businesses in front of me, well knowing that I was not like them but that I would also not talk to anybody. Many of the old posters surely remember those days.

Anyway, let's not get off topic. As I said, the individual dammage is very little, that some of you lose a few bucks every now and then or don't win that wsop seat you were hoping for won't change your lifes, but those things happen and if I would start making direct accusations don't you think somebody might come and knock on my door? Wouldn't you then think that obligations towards my family and myself are more important than the ones I might have towards the forum?

I can only say that you must keep your eyes open, because in the event things go wrong, many places(I say many because I suppose many sites are not honest, what are the chances that the ones I know of are the only suspicious ones?) don't have your interests as theํr first priority.

If you still feel deeply offended that I don't say more and keep posting here, I sugest you do like many others, decide to believe that I am just inventing things or stop reading my posts.

I believe that a small warning is better than no warning at all.

Now, as usual, flame away...
Old 06-22-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I would start making direct accusations don't you think somebody might come and knock on my door?

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question. How does one go about finding the door of a William Poo-Bah living in the town of "Where the babes live"?
Old 06-22-2005, 05:59 PM

i think youre full of [censored].
Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM

sometimes I wonder why you bothered to come back to 2+2 after your supposed "long absence".

if you have facts, post em. we are all big boys here.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if I would start making direct accusations don't you think somebody might come and knock on my door?

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question. How does one go about finding the door of a William Poo-Bah living in the town of "Where the babes live"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't, because you are new in here, but some others know who I am, also close to where I live. As long as no names are mentionned, nobody will try to find out about the source, but if they wish it can be done.

Anyway, I insist that the fact that I know of a couple of places is just an indication that other places are maybe doing the same.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes I wonder why you bothered to come back to 2+2 after your supposed "long absence".

if you have facts, post em. we are all big boys here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't get it do you?
Old 06-22-2005, 06:21 PM

I second that axioma
Old 06-22-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't, because you are new in here

[/ QUOTE ]

He is new?

Michael O'Malley
Reged: 09/02/02
Old 06-22-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't, because you are new in here

[/ QUOTE ]

He is new?

Michael O'Malley
Reged: 09/02/02

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, I must have had a different account at some point. I have actually been active on 2+2 since about 1998 (were the forums even online then?), although not very active lately.
I have probably read more/posted less than the average poster.