Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 PM

Default How do I find my \"stupid\" button?

I just starting playing live tourneys a few weeks ago.I just came back from my fifth one feeling completely retarded once again.
On Party I consistantly make money on sng's.On mtt's I make it to the money 20-25% of the time,made the final table 11 times and won once.Live ring games I'm disiplined and consistantly bring home money.
On the live tourneys I've played so far I've turned into one of the Party idiots that pay my bills.Somehow my circuits frizzle out and I make ridiculous moves that I never do online.Things that I laugh at when I see other fools do them.Today in an Omaha 8 tourney I burned off my entire stack sticking with top two pair with a flush draw on the board and someone raisng the whole way.I even tossed in my last few chips when the third diamond hit on the river.The lucky man who got handed my stack on a silver platter turned over his set that he didn't need anymore since he now had the nut flush.Online I feed on others stupidity like this.
The other night at an nl tourney I raised 60% of my stack in lp with 2 limpers in the pot with AKo.I throw AK away quite a bit,I have no clue what came over me.
I love online tourneys and I love live ring games.What the heck could be turning me into a fish like this?
How do I find my "stupid" switch and shut it off permanantly? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Re: How do I find my \"stupid\" button?

I don't have an answer for you, but I would also post this in the Psych forum. There are a lot of discussions like this there, and a lot of good info.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other night at an nl tourney I raised 60% of my stack in lp with 2 limpers in the pot with AKo.I throw AK away quite a bit,I have no clue what came over me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throwing away AK, because there are limpers is just a plain awful play. In fact, throwing them away is even worse than raising 60% of your stack (a pretty bad play in its own right). If your raise is going to be that high a percentage of your stack, just freakin move all-in.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:23 PM

[/ QUOTE ] Throwing away AK, because there are limpers is just a plain awful play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said I throw them away to limpers.I'll sometimes let them go to a raise depending on the situation.AK is a can be a tricky hand in nl.It's burned me many times.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:52 PM

Maybe you couod bring your mouse with you and just put it on the table beside your chips for comfort.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:27 PM

More live play man, stick with it.... Don't play even slightly off...

I too have made some tourney blunders and knew I was fubar'd before I threw my chips in and still threw them in! I learn from each one though, and try to not repeat.
If I get tired, I am very susceptible to bad plays.

'Doc, make the bad plays go away!'

>Trainwreck<