Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Help Bdk3clash and Scrub brave the transit strike!

Brad is flying into JFK tonight. I am flying in tomorrow with Scrubette; we're supposed to land at 9:40 PM.

Brad needs to get to the essdotville section of Williamsburg. Scrubette and I need to get to Connecticut, and would usually go via Metro North.

How hard is it going to be to get a cab? How long is it going to take Scrubette and I to get to Grand Central once we get one? Will Brad's cabby be able to figure out why there are streets in his neighborhood that are one way in two different directions at the same time?

Inquiring minds want to know.

scrub
Old 12-20-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Help Bdk3clash and Scrub brave the transit strike!

at that time of night you should be ok, you can take the air train to Jamaica and the LIRR into Penn, from Penn youll have to get to Grand Central and take the metro north. The AirTrain is run by the port authority so it won't strike.

For Williamsburg just grab a yellow cab it wont be hard they have cab stands they come there all the time

As far as your Cabby knowing BK, uh , good luck, I would mapquest it your self so you know where to go. When they go up to the Bronz for me there lost by the 3rd turn unless they been there/live there.

For you the Cab isnt a terrbile idea its a flat rate, should take you about 30-40 minutes from JFK to grand central. I amke that trip 2-3x (in reverse) when I have to fly out.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at that time of night you should be ok, you can take the air train to Jamaica and the LIRR into Penn, from Penn youll have to get to Grand Central and take the metro north. The AirTrain is run by the port authority so it won't strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is gold. The last time I did public transit to JFK instead of taking a cab, the only real option was the shuttle bus to the A.

I was just having awful visions of a 3 hour wait for a cab at the airport.

scrub
Old 12-20-2005, 02:44 PM

Um...90% of cabbies will have no problem going from JFK to Williamsburg. I really doubt you run into trouble. I've taken plenty of cabs to greenpoint, and it's practically the same neighborhood.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um...90% of cabbies will have no problem going from JFK to Williamsburg. I really doubt you run into trouble. I've taken plenty of cabs to greenpoint, and it's practically the same neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part was a joke. The last time I was in Brad's neighborhood, Sthief was driving, and we got hopelessly lost.

scrub
Old 12-20-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the essdotville section of Williamsburg

[/ QUOTE ]

w0000000t!

[ QUOTE ]
Will Brad's cabby be able to figure out why there are streets in his neighborhood that are one way in two different directions at the same time?

Inquiring minds want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:05 PM

yea it also depend son the airline, if you fly into terminal 1 [Delta]or 4 [american] (I think anyway) good luck getting a cab, terminal 5/6 is jetblue, much easier [only one airline there]

pub trans is going to take you a good amount of time though to get in, air train like 30-40 minutes to Jamaica, then the 20 minute LIRR ride to Penn [plus wait time] then you still have to hoof it or cab it to Grand Central but its the "cheaper" way
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] limos/town cars. The expense is outrageous, but it's SO worth it to see the guy with the sign with your name on it and have him grab your bags. MMmmmm.