Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Was this a good push?Funny outcome

PP 30+3 620 entrants.We're around 30 from the money.I don't remember exact numbers but I'm at around 7x the BB when I'm dealt pocket 10's UTG.The table is exremely tight,haven't seen a showdown in a long time.I pushed and it quickly folded to the BB who was the big stack.He thought a long time then called.I laughed hard when he turned up the other pair of tens.The board came out four spades and I had the spade.It saved my butt and I made it to the money.
Even though it worked out well was this too chancey or was it a good move?Could one of you number jocks tell me my odds pf?I've been doing quite well nursing a short stack back to health lately,I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what works and why.Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Was this a good push?Funny outcome

I might even raise 3x bb then move in on the flop. 10-10 given the situation is a monster. If i saw an ace on the flop i could maybe bail...

All that being said its a almost automatic move in if your raised anyway(im 80% sure he reraises here anyway so all that limp talk is really moot in this particular case)

You have to want a call here. @ 7x bb yu need to double up pretty badly and any extra $$ from limp raising or raising then moving in is just a plus...
Old 11-07-2004, 03:33 PM

Yep, good push. You can't fold, you can't limp and let the rest of the field see cheap overcards, you can't raise 3BB.

It's not so funny when your KK loses to the other KK under the same circumstances, and you're crippled. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2004, 03:46 PM

The pre-flop push was fine.

[ QUOTE ]
He thought a long time then called.I laughed hard when he turned up the other pair of tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what i've read and seen this happends quite often on PP. Anyone else agree?
Old 11-07-2004, 04:08 PM

From what i've read and seen this happends quite often on PP. Anyone else agree?

[/ QUOTE ]
He made the comment "only on Party".I've seen this happen in live games just as much.My favorite was AA vs. AA vs. KK.The board came out all hearts and my cowboys didn't stand a chance.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Pushing is your only play.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He made the comment "only on Party".

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you lack reading skills? I NEVER said "only on Party" anwhere in my post. I said it happends quite often on PP! Didn't say it doesn't happen anywhere else.

I suggest you're more carefull next time before responding.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made the comment "only on Party".

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you lack reading skills? I NEVER said "only on Party" anwhere in my post. [ QUOTE ]

No but I guess I lack writing skills.I'm sorry,I should have been clearer.I meant that my opponent in the BB said that.Not you.Sorry.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No but I guess I lack writing skills.I'm sorry,I should have been clearer.I meant that my opponent in the BB said that.Not you.Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Np, apology accepted