Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Pokerroom bugs

I've had weird disconnects and other nonsense there before.
Disappearing hole-cards.....delays and then seeing an 8-card flop which appears to be some sort of hold-over from the previous hand I think.
stuff like that.

Tonight I started on their bonus and one of my tables kept having these black-boxes all around it at different times and in different places. When I would click on the table to bring it to the front of the screen it would be mostly black and then I would see bits of the table again in blocks by clicking around.

I left the table a couple of times....but it kept coming back. I guess I'll try uninstalling and re-installing if it happens again next time I play.

I've probably had more bugs at pokerroom than I have at all other sites combined I think.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom bugs

[ QUOTE ]
I've had weird disconnects and other nonsense there before.
Disappearing hole-cards.....delays and then seeing an 8-card flop which appears to be some sort of hold-over from the previous hand I think.
stuff like that.

Tonight I started on their bonus and one of my tables kept having these black-boxes all around it at different times and in different places. When I would click on the table to bring it to the front of the screen it would be mostly black and then I would see bits of the table again in blocks by clicking around.

I left the table a couple of times....but it kept coming back. I guess I'll try uninstalling and re-installing if it happens again next time I play.

I've probably had more bugs at pokerroom than I have at all other sites combined I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play on the download version or the no download version? Sounds more like a computer memory problem with using the non-download applet.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:57 AM

I had the same problems yesterday on the DL version, only on one table, black spots and the buttons were hidden unlessI hovered over where they were supposed to be. I didnt try the webpage version, which I used to play always, but my problems were with the DL version
Old 11-29-2004, 12:05 PM

I had problems kind of like this when playing a tournament. I was also playing 2 ring games at the same time and those were fine. I guess I was playing the download version for the ring games, but the tournament seemed to be a slightly different kind of window--I think it said something about Java in the title bar--but it looked pretty much the same in design etc. I had ghost cards on the board preflop (which unfortunately were not previews of the turn or river, though that's where they sat), I think sometimes they were solid looking and sometimes half-transparent. I also sometimes couldn't see the blinds or other player's bets preflop. Also my system resources meter was capped out all the way. And this was a thinkpad A31P, which is a fairly substantial machine, never had such a problem on any other site or combination of sites.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:43 PM

I played 4000 hands there last week and didnt have one glitch..... what are you computer and video specs.... are they current?
Old 12-08-2004, 07:05 PM

I just had a Pokerroom glitch. I mentioned before that I had a bunch with a tournament window. Right now I have one table open, a ring game. I'm having an intermittently bad connection, but I have no RAM or processor speed issues. I get a delay, and then it's my turn and I don't see blinds posted, or anyone else's bet, and the pot from the last hand is still in the middle of the table. I don't like this. and it just happened again. and a third time. a stale pot on the table.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:17 PM

Apart from the occasional slow down I've never had any problems at PokerRoom and its quickly becoming one of my favourite rooms.

The only issue I have with PR is with NLHE Sit-n-Go's. The minumum bet on the Turn and River is twice the BB, which makes stealing a small pot quite expensive. It's only a small critiscm but it definately needs changing.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:17 PM

their downloadable version was absolute garbage about two years ago, so it sounds like it still is.

Their java is still buggy, but works pretty good in most instances
Old 12-09-2004, 05:12 AM

I'd say it's rather the opposite - the java version still has some bugs but the download version works perfect for me. They still seem to have some issues with their servers (pretty much like Party did when they were growing the same way PokerRoom is growing now) but I guess they're working on it pretty hard. What you do need for the download version is a pretty decent computer however, it requires more from your computer than other sites, probably since it's much more graphic intense than the other sites (except maybe TruePoker...lol)

The Quirky Kirko
Old 12-09-2004, 05:49 AM

Didn't know people had responded to this thread.
Glad it sparked a discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
on one table, black spots and the buttons were hidden unlessI hovered over where they were supposed to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes....this is EXACTLY the same problem. I had to hover from one area to another to try to see the cards and the buttons, etc.
Sometimes the hovering didn't work completely though. Had a couple times where I was betting my AK or QQ without knowing what the flop was (or all the all cards).

I have the download version.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop.
As for the specs, etc....I really don't know. But it's a fairly new machine (less than a year old) and works fine and dandy at all other sites for the most part (a couple bugs here and there...and the typical slow-downs at absolute).

FWIW - I posted about PRoom bugs a few months ago and got PM's and responses from 2 or 3 different people ALL telling me that the download version is really buggy but that the Java version is okay.
They might have been going by an old reputation that the download version had....but it seems clear to me that the 'rep' isn't THAT out of date for some users.

For some reason I haven't bothered playing the Java version though.

I haven't been back to PRoom since this post....but I might try it again sometime soon as I do still want to clear that bonus.

The other semi-significant bug I encounter is when I play an MTT....I get some weird disconnects there sometimes.
normally it will NOT take me to my table and it takes forever just to find myself.
I've played in a couple tourneys there where a bunch of people complained about this in the tourney-lobby.
I've also played in a couple tourneys where I appeared to be the only one who was left out (when I found the table nobody else was sitting out and all were playing).

I had one tourney there were I was about to act and the table just vanished on me.

Needless to say, I have given up on playing tourneys there even though I generally like them.

I'll try the java version perhaps and see how that goes.