Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Money and limits

[ QUOTE ]
yup, i know that. But. Somehow, someway they always make it to those miracle draws against my pairs!

[/ QUOTE ]

They do it to everyone. When they stop sucking out (or trying to) is when you should be worried.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:18 AM

Is this 700 the last money you will EVER want to spend playing poker? If that's the case, you're taking a risk playing a limit regularly w/o 300 big bets. If it's just fun money that can easily be replaced, play for whatever stakes you feel comfortable with.

Jeff
Old 06-28-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yup, i know that. But. Somehow, someway they always make it to those miracle draws against my pairs!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you should be dropping back down to 1/2, not moving up to 3/6. The draws will still be there, miracle or not. If you don't have the correct bankroll, you could be playing ABSOLUTELY CORRECTLY and still lose it all. WIth a proper bankroll, that will be less likely.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:47 AM

Two options: tell me your screenname and play $3/6 or do the right thing and dont play above your bankroll because believe me, you will have bad days and a bad day at $3/6 with $700 will leave you will less than half your bankroll and send you straight back to .5/1.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:28 AM

I have a question that fits this thread.. I currently hold a Bankroll of about 700 am I missing out alot by staying at .50/1 rather than moving up to 1/2 ????
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM

Victor, that is in part why I was considering moving up. It seems my play or my winnings is better at the higher tables than the lower. For example my raises are better respected and I don't get drawn out as much.

But I just had a bad night - 100, I guess if I was at the higher tables (like the above were saying) I would of been - 300 or more! Then again maybe not since I may (or may not) have been drawn out so often (ex K, 5 vs 10,10 nothing on board no 5's no k's - he caught K on river despite my raises! ouch).
Old 06-28-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question that fits this thread.. I currently hold a Bankroll of about 700 am I missing out alot by staying at .50/1 rather than moving up to 1/2 ????

[/ QUOTE ]
Missing out on a lot? Probably not. Go ahead and give 1/2 a shot, see how it feels. Bankroll often grows faster than skill (that said, 1/2 isn't exactly impossible to beat).

good luck
Old 06-28-2005, 11:41 AM

even though your bankroll is enough for 1/2 I would log 10k hands at .25/.5 and .5/1 first.

I moved up as soon as my BR allowed me, which was much sooner than I should have and had to move down again. Find the leaks and move up gradually
Old 06-28-2005, 11:53 AM

Hi HH --

I think taking occasional shots is totally fine, as long as you mainly stay where you are comfortable. Regarding opponents drawing out on you (like the 1010 example, don't you WANT that guy calling you all the way to the river drawing to three outs??) -- Put him on your buddy list and don't care f people don't respect your raises (I like people thinking I'm fos) - that's where your profit comes from. The better players are, the fewer mistakes they make - being outdrawn a lot simply means you're ahead everytime it happens to you - tough consolation in the short run I know, but...
Old 06-28-2005, 11:59 AM

Good tip, I never thought of "marking" these type of players. by putting them on a list!

And you are right we DO want these players in the pot w/ their crappy hands. It just sucks when they hit.