Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 AM

Default $22 - TP out of BB

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t705)
CO (t2560)
Button (t1330)
SB (t700)
Hero (t1205)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls t100, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t400) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t275</font>, UTG calls t275, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Turn: (t950) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero ?

I'm not so sure that I like the flop bet. You guys? UTG was quite loose-passive to this point.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: $22 - TP out of BB

Well, the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] obviously didnt help his hand. The pot is 950 and you have about 900 left. Either you can assume he's drawing and shove it. Or you can assume he has a weak Ten (but stronger than yours: AT-JT), and check/fold. Because of your read, I'd lean towards a shove. But it's (unfortunatly) based largely on how I feel at the time.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: $22 - TP out of BB

I think a flop c/r is probably a better play here. Even if you get called by a sneaky QQ, you'll have 9 outs, and that doesn't even include backdoor flush possibilities. I think the reason this is best is your position in conjunction with the pot size is an absolute killer for a middling hand following the line you did. Every road leads to unpleasant decisions.

Given that you have gotten to the turn in this fashion, and UTG has called, I think a check is in order. If the turn bet is sufficiently feeble I might call, but probably I'm folding most of the time. I expect given how he's played so far that he'll frequently be pretty strong, and if he's horsing around with whiffed overs or a smallish pair, I don't think he's going to get too frisky.