Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 08-24-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Naked A to flush on the river

PLO50 on Bodog, HU

I have $97, Villain has $48. Villain is passive with overpairs, minraises with the nuts, rarely slowplays anything, hasn't been chasing non-nut draws, can fold marginal hands.

, Villains limps, I raise to $1.50 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain calls,

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Not too shabby, I bet $3, Villain calls

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $9, Villain calls

River K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Now what?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Naked A to flush on the river

Based on your read of the player, he's not drawing purely to the flush, so I guess all I'd be worried about is if he had a draw to a higher straight and his hand also contained a couple of low/medium clubs. Might he have raised on the flop with such a hand?

If he was drawing to a higher straight or a full house, then he's missed, and is unlikely to call again. If he has a flush, then he'll probably call any bet you make.

Is he capable of bluffing if you check?

I think I check-call. I don't think it's worth betting since I don't think he'll call with anything that you can beat, unless he's seen you bluff here before, or bet out with, say, two-pair and he has a set. Calling any bet he might make depends on whether you think he's capable of bluffing in this situation.

I guess betting out is only worthwhile if you think he'll lay down a non-nut flush. Personally, I don't think he would.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 AM

With your descs of the opponent and the fact that u have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] i lead out with a pot bet. If the stacks was deeper it might go for a check-raise.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:22 AM

Filip...what hand do you put the opponent on?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO50 on Bodog, HU

I have $97, Villain has $48. Villain is passive with overpairs, minraises with the nuts, rarely slowplays anything, hasn't been chasing non-nut draws, can fold marginal hands.

, Villains limps, I raise to $1.50 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain calls,

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Not too shabby, I bet $3, Villain calls

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $9, Villain calls

River K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong here but it looks like he has 66xx and hope to fill up or maybe an overpair as you indicate. Letting him get a free showdown with his T high flush is a disaster. I lead the river against most opponents.

Who is in which position? (looks like you raise from the blinds (which I hate)).
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is in which position? (looks like you raise from the blinds (which I hate)).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's heads-up. Villain is SB/Button.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 PM

I'd also lead out for a pot sized bet, fold to a raise. It's possible that opponent 66xx or 45xx with a low club flush, and will lay down the winning hand. I wouldn't expect him to fold the 2nd nut Q high flush, but he might lay down a hand like 4c5s9c9s.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With your descs of the opponent and the fact that u have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] i lead out with a pot bet. If the stacks was deeper it might go for a check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suicidal. You presume that he'll fold the non-nut flush. In a HU battle thats asking a lot.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Filip...what hand do you put the opponent on?

[/ QUOTE ]

A weak flush maybe, probably 2 pair or a set.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Suicidal. You presume that he'll fold the non-nut flush. In a HU battle thats asking a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
... hasn't been chasing non-nut draws, can fold marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is good chance he will fold a medicore flush. He also might call with a set.