Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-22-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Older Women

Just date her you won't regret it. In your case the age difference is minimal. Age is a relative thing anyway it's all about what's inside, upstairs in the brains department and finally how tight the bod still is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Older chicks are on the whole way less screwed up than young girls.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Reply to all twentysomethings in this thread:

If you are in your twenties, and she is in her twenties, she is not "an older woman".
Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]

If you are in your twenties, and she is in her twenties, she is not "an older woman".

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't true

b
Old 12-22-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good post, LFTV. Could you perhaps expand your thoughts on the biological clock thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretend you are a thirty-year old woman who wants to have a family (i.e. two or three kids) "someday." You aren't really aching to have them NOW because -

There's a lot of fun stuff that is easier to do when you don't have kids (go out, travel, etc.)

You have a boyfriend/fiancee-to-be who you'd like to spend a few years with alone before you have kids (and he'd like that too).

You have a career that would go much more smoothly if you worked your ass off for ten years, and then had kids.

But doing all this means you don't start having kids until you're 40. Not impossible, but not ideal either, a lot of things can go wrong if you wait too long, plus you'll be like 65 by the time the last one leaves the house, etc.

A lot of single late 20's/early 30's career women face this kind of issue. And if you're the guy who's 24 and in a perfect world would wait ten years to have kids, well, something has to give. There's no perfect solution, it just is what it is.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:59 PM

I married an older woman and dated another before that, so I feel pretty competent to answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As with poker, it depends. She's likely looking at any candidate as one-night or long term. I say that because as people get older they don't want to waste a few months on someone with no long term potential.

The fact she isn't married yet or was divorced a few years ago may not mean much. She might not have felt ready to settle herself until recently. Studies have shown early 30's is the point at which people mentally start shifting from adolescent(self-oriented) to more adult behavior patterns.

Biological clock is definitely an issue. If she wants kids, don't waste anyone's time if you don't (or vice versa). If she already has kids, the clock isn't an issue, but I can tell you from experience, being a good step father is very, very hard. All of the responsibility, little authority, and your entire family you've banked your life around is gone to dust if you split up in the future. You also owe it to the kid(s) to take it seriously if you start to date. A "hit it now, worry later" mentality borders on cruelty to kids whose lives have already been thrown for a loop so early.

Beyond those words of advice/warning, I'm all for it. Older women (people in general) are more confident, which is sexy, more outgoing, and play fewer mind/relationship games.

I have always been more comfortable around people 5-10 years older than myself, from the time I was pre-teen even, so the fact I fell in love with an older woman was no shock to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:01 PM

I just want to say that its fantastic when I hit refresh and the forum list shows:

Older Women
Buying in Bulk

right in a row..

Ray
Old 12-22-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you can argue semantics if you like, but for people in their twenties, the woman being five-seven years older is a different dynamic than usual. 25/45 is different still, no doubt.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:49 AM

Trip report?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:39 AM

I've dated younger guys. My rule of thumb is that they have to be good in bed (or trainable) and keep their frigging mouths shut.

If they can do both, winna-winna chicken dinna.

Not many can.

I married one who could.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread needed some pics...

b

[/ QUOTE ]
Your wish is my command.

My best pic. I think I was 32/33. Obviously before boob cancer, lol [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]