Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-06-2005, 06:52 AM

Default 37 hand heads up match

Villain is ih822yrolds, he's something like 45/22 (I don't have stats in front of me at the moment, but that's about right I think). He was sitting at an empty table and I joined, so no previous history at the table. I've played with him in the past, but I doubt he remebers me much and nothing stands out about our history.

I included results of any showdowns since I think they're relevant to future hands. I also put in comments on some of the hands that I felt were important.

The converter screws up the blinds heads up. What it calls the BB is the SB and what it calls the button is the BB.

1) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Final Pot: 1.50 BB

2) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

3) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

4) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Final Pot: 0.83 BB

5) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

6) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

7) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

8) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
BB calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

I alternate between calling and raising here. I was starting to notice that we weren't seeing a lot of showdowns and I wanted to keep that up, so I raised.

9) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13 BB

He shows AQo and we chop. I felt like this was a big hand. I think he had to be getting suspicious of me being full of it and having top two for my first showdown hand gave me more credibility.

10) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

11) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

12) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Around this point I really feel like I'm running over him. There has only been one showdown, where we chopped, and I'm picking up a ton of pots with continuation bets. I want to keep the pressure on, but I also need to stay alert to whether he starts thinking I'm FOS.

13)Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

14) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

15) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

He shows T7o MHING. Ugh, I didn't feel good about this one. I think I got a little to anxious to catch him playing back at me and I may have ruined my image. Probably time to start thinking about changing gears since he may view me differently now.

16) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

17) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

18)Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

I alternate 3 betting and callling preflop. When I call I raise pretty much any flop. On the turn I thought for a while before I called. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if I didn't improve on the river. I think this was a big hand since he likely had nothing, I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat now and I can probably hold off on the gear changes for a little while.

19) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

19.5) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

20) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

21) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (2 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

22) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB

He shows 77 MHIG. I have a ton of momentum. At this point I think he's got to be getting a little steamed since nothing seems to be going right for him.

23) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

24) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

25) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

26) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6 BB

He shows A7o MHIG. I whiffed on a turn check raise here. I figured he would bet pretty much all of his hands here, but it makes sense that he could check an ace. I still think he'll bet all the hands drawing to &gt;3 outs.

27) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

He shows 66 MHING. I figured I was still in control and getting him to fold tons of pots, so it was worth it to take a shot here. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a gear change again. At this point I make sure to pay a lot of attention to how he seems to be reacting and make sure I have a good feel for when he starts taking shots at me.

28) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

29) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Ugh. This is the first time it feels like he out-aggressed me. I don't want to let him get on a roll.

30) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4 BB

31) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

32) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) raises</font>, Hero folds.

I want to set up a limp reraise later with a big hand and I figure there's a chance I can see a flop for $5 then steal or maybe make a real hand.

33) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

He shows As9s MHIG. This one just could not have come at a better time. Every time it seems like he's getting something going I get lucky and pull out a momentum stopping hand.

34) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

35) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (2 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

36) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

37) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

At this point a third player sat down.

I like playing heads up a lot, but I really don't know if I'm making a lot of mistakes. Thanks for any comments.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: 37 hand heads up match

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt read all of these hands...it seems like the formatting is off. But on this hand, I vote nay for a fold. U have a gutshot, plus some pair outs usually and a weak bd draw. I think u should either raise this flop, or call and possible think about raising the turn.

You should make a vid, or if u really want to have some fun, PM me, we can play on stars HU penny tables. HU and 4 handed or less are my main games (or the ones I try to play the most)
Old 12-06-2005, 10:30 AM

I suck at HU, but here is my attempt

[ QUOTE ]

10) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise preflop sometimes here. Especially since you have been dominating earlier, you might scare him out once the flop hits.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

He shows T7o MHING. Ugh, I didn't feel good about this one. I think I got a little to anxious to catch him playing back at me and I may have ruined my image. Probably time to start thinking about changing gears since he may view me differently now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly fold the turn. Not only from an EV standpoint, but then he will respect you later when you continue your agression. Given that you didn't definetly time to change gears.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I alternate 3 betting and callling preflop. When I call I raise pretty much any flop. On the turn I thought for a while before I called. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if I didn't improve on the river. I think this was a big hand since he likely had nothing, I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat now and I can probably hold off on the gear changes for a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time calling UI on the river. I think he almost certainly has you beat the way he has been playing so far. He could be changing gears himself though.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

He shows 66 MHING. I figured I was still in control and getting him to fold tons of pots, so it was worth it to take a shot here. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a gear change again. At this point I make sure to pay a lot of attention to how he seems to be reacting and make sure I have a good feel for when he starts taking shots at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You try again to outplay him on a pretty coordinated board. Again, I would wait until there is less of a chance he has something that will allow him to continue.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. Or is this some part of your changing gears plan? He is being agressive, and you are going to let him bet the turn, and then what do you do on the river UI? Call down again?

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

I want to set up a limp reraise later with a big hand and I figure there's a chance I can see a flop for $5 then steal or maybe make a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this plan, but I would do it with a hand that I could call his raise with. Maybe 98o? 64s? What kind of hand were you planning on LRR later?

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

He shows As9s MHIG. This one just could not have come at a better time. Every time it seems like he's getting something going I get lucky and pull out a momentum stopping hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise preflop and take control with position. You were planning on raising the turn, right?

Overall I think you played pretty well. I need to start playing more HU myself.

Spicymoose
Old 12-06-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But on this hand, I vote nay for a fold. U have a gutshot, plus some pair outs usually and a weak bd draw. I think u should either raise this flop, or call and possible think about raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, how did I miss this hand? I agree with the oreo.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Definetly fold the turn. Not only from an EV standpoint, but then he will respect you later when you continue your agression. Given that you didn't definetly time to change gears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time calling UI on the river. I think he almost certainly has you beat the way he has been playing so far. He could be changing gears himself though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, I think u have to call this turn raise. Overcard, with a gutshot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
22) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

He shows 77 MHIG. I have a ton of momentum. At this point I think he's got to be getting a little steamed since nothing seems to be going right for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit much, even if he is steamed. Board is just too coordinated, and in the play zone. I would wait till a better place. Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about check-raising the turn, once u are there (I mean, Im probably calling it because I dont fold HU...see my video. I guess I should re-phrase, I dont fold when Im tired, like now.). pretty easy river call.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt read all of these hands...it seems like the formatting is off. But on this hand, I vote nay for a fold. U have a gutshot, plus some pair outs usually and a weak bd draw. I think u should either raise this flop, or call and possible think about raising the turn.

You should make a vid, or if u really want to have some fun, PM me, we can play on stars HU penny tables. HU and 4 handed or less are my main games (or the ones I try to play the most)

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize I had a gushot at the time. I was pretty tired and I guess not thinking that clearly. I remember staring at the baord and trying to figure out how I could make a straight with the 5; once I decided I couldn't I folded. :-/
Old 12-06-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You try again to outplay him on a pretty coordinated board. Again, I would wait until there is less of a chance he has something that will allow him to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's coordinated but I have a piece of that coordination. I also don't think he's that likely to have something, unless you mean ace high. I think this is a good board to get someone to fold high cards or a small pair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. Or is this some part of your changing gears plan? He is being agressive, and you are going to let him bet the turn, and then what do you do on the river UI? Call down again?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to check call the turn and check call the river if I didn't improve. I think most of the hands I'm beating will bet the turn if they call the flop. Some of the hands that have me beat will check through.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this plan, but I would do it with a hand that I could call his raise with. Maybe 98o? 64s? What kind of hand were you planning on LRR later?

[/ QUOTE ]
The whole idea is to limp a hand I plan to fold to a raise. Limping and calling doesn't set up a limp reraise really, because he's not that encouraged to raise my open limp. After this hand though, he probably thinks I'll fold way more often than I actually will after I limp.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise preflop and take control with position. You were planning on raising the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I was planning on raising the turn. Sometimes I 3 bet preflop. There had been a few hands lately where it felt like he wasn't going to let me run him over as easily and I think caling is better in those scenarios because I can use my position better.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit much, even if he is steamed. Board is just too coordinated, and in the play zone. I would wait till a better place. Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about check-raising the turn, once u are there (I mean, Im probably calling it because I dont fold HU...see my video. I guess I should re-phrase, I dont fold when Im tired, like now.). pretty easy river call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think this is an easy river call? What do you think his range is? I do think you can call the turn for the flush draw, but I can't think of many hands beside the one he had that you are ahead to.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think this is an easy river call? What do you think his range is? I do think you can call the turn for the flush draw, but I can't think of many hands beside the one he had that you are ahead to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I absolutely have to call the river. He could have any pocket pair and most of those just got counterfeited. He's also have some random queen high hands sometimes, but the big thing is pairs. He'll probably check behind with an ace, too.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:16 PM

Hey Evan,

I thought your comments after the HHs were great but I really disagree with your reasoning for some of those (I'm generalizing) king high / weak calldowns. This guy just looks to me like a typical fit or fold too tight not aggro enough guy who was giving you enough action when you actually had hands to make you a nice favorite. I don't understand why you weren't happy to take all the small pots and get paid off most of the time when you had hands and let him win a couple. It looks to me like you tried to win every pot.

-DeathDonkey