Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Commerce disturbance Friday night

Friday night at Commerce. Lots of action and general gambling craziness, with my table laughing and chatting it up. It's nice to play poker with folks who act like gentlemen, win or lose.

I'm on the phone when I hear a disturbance at the table immediately in front of mine. A man who's about 35 years-old or so is sitting at the table with his face turning dark. His eyes are shut and he does not appear to be breathing. His friend/girlfriend is frantically holding him and yelling for help.

All eyes in the room are on their table. Security starts to come over and some players and floormen yell at the rapidly assembling group of lookie-loos to give the man space.

Just then, one of the other players (a regular) at that table raises and starts yelling at the dealer to muck the man's hand and continue dealing. He persists in his Chihuahua-like yapping for about ten seconds before the dealer pushes all the chips back to the players and tells everyone to rack up.

Security lays the man out on the ground and attempts to revive him while the paramedics are en route. Fortunately, he ends up back on his feet within 20 minutes.