Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Buy In

I usually play at Del Sol because the facility is a bit nicer, but the players there kind of get on my nerves. Everyone there plays really unpredictable and it gets kind of annoying after a while.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually play at Del Sol because the facility is a bit nicer, but the players there kind of get on my nerves. Everyone there plays really unpredictable and it gets kind of annoying after a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the wonderful world of live 3/6. Which, it happens, is pretty much the same world as live 4/8 and 6/12. Don't get annoyed at the other bad players though - just take their chips. Maybe I'll see ya down there sometime.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:05 PM

i always buy in for 50 bets, but i like having lots of chips and have a small penis
Old 07-22-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the players there kind of get on my nerves. Everyone there plays really unpredictable and it gets kind of annoying after a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

all the more reason to ensure you have the bankroll to endure swings
Old 07-23-2005, 03:47 AM

Take two hundred with you, buy in for a hundred. If you get under forty put some more money in. Where I play buying in for odd numbers(150, 120, etc) will draw attention. If you play right and don't hit a hellish run of bad cards you should be fine at most 3/6 live tables.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had $200 in my pocket and sat down with a rack of whites and a bunch of reds. 2 players on my right immediately got up and the rest of the table looked at me like I had a c@ck growing out of my forehead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that your experience was very uncommon. From what I've seen, almost no one cares how much you buy in for.

And if they do, they usually LIKE people who buy in for more than the minimum, because people buying in for a lot are usually gamb00lers.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard is about 25BB ($150) If thats too much for you, you really shouldn't be playing 3/6 imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

100%
Old 07-23-2005, 08:50 PM

Also, you shoudn't really let your stack dip below 12 BB's or so. You should have enough to rebuy if your stack gets low.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the BB thing is a tad overrated. In that since I normally buy in for 100 in a 3/6 game because it is simple to just get one rack.

I think 60 is a little short, but if that is all you have to get into the game and think you can crush it then go for it. I do agree with the idea that you should throw your 60 online and you would be able to build it up faster than playing in that live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

dummy if he thinks he can crush the game buying in for 60 is even worse. What if he flops the nuts and caps the whole way with 3 players, hell be letting alot of chips that should be his go else where always have at least 12 bb's incase its capped the whole way ( so buyin for at least 20 so you don’t have to rebuy before every hand.)