Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Pokerchamps level of play?

How difficult is the competition at Pokerchamps? I know that a fair amount of the players are from europe, so does that make the games harder? Do a lot of nuts try to play really aggressively to imitate Gus Hansen?
Old 01-23-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Pokerchamps level of play?

[ QUOTE ]
How difficult is the competition at Pokerchamps? I know that a fair amount of the players are from europe, so does that make the games harder? Do a lot of nuts try to play really aggressively to imitate Gus Hansen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

You really hit the nail on the head, though. It's only the europeans. I spend about 75% of my time on pokerchamps, due to their rakeback/affiliate profitability, and there are some true maniacs. It's not hard to spot them, obviously. The map in the lobby tells you where they're from, and you can assume that anyone in denmark, austria, and norway will be playing very erradically. You'll know who they are, because they generally buy in to the 3/6 and 5/10 games with $1000+.

Other than that, the competition is scarce, more-so than difficult. That 3/6, 2/4, and 5/10 games are usually all going, but at this point, the small # of players on the site usually limits it to only one table of each limit being open. I actually enjoy this, because i'm playing against almost the same 10 people in all the windows I play. It makes note taking, and reading opponents actually possible when you play with them day after day.