Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 AM

Default J9s

UTG is only about 2 orbits old but has been pretty damn aggressive so far. 75/20/.9.
It may be because on a couple of hands he tangled with the button {who I unfortunatley found myself on the right of}.
I've only seen 80 hands but it's already been enough to note a few wild plays. I don't have my notes imported but it read something like
Absolute Lagtard. Will bet/raise with any piece and sometimes air. Raised Q2o on AJ2 board.
Cold calls way too often.
Stats 56/21/1.5

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (22.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.75 BB

Comments always appreciated.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: J9s

Looks good to me. I actually like to play against LAGs in spite of the higher variance (I assume you lost this one -- thus the post). Such players always seem to eventually reverse my downswings, sometimes quickly. Big pot. Nice hand.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:15 AM

Seems fine to me. That river sucks donkeyballs because it seems that Button might be getting fancy with an overpair. Not much you could do here.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:17 AM

This flop 3bet is REALLY hot IMO. I do not think too many microers would 3bet there, and it's a fantastic spot. Turn and river are fine. I really hate it, but I don't see how else to play it. BTN will have an overpair a fair amount here, and UTG will often have FD+pair, 2 pair, gutshot+pair, whatever.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 AM

I would have played this hand the same way as you. I think most of the time you are glad it caps like this.

I don't really get what UTG was hoping to accomplish w/ his c/r on the flop. Considering he had a preflop raiser after him that was likely to bet out on the turn, he could have waited to the turn to c/r if he really had a monster hand. Seems like a very silly, spur of the moment, play to me. Maybe I'm missing something. It just seems like a random play and it fueled the fire between the 2 maniacs.

Based on his c/r on the flop, I would probably classify him as a rabid novice.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 AM

:grunch:

Man that 2 on the river sucks. I think you played it right. No arguing preflop, flop, and turn. I suppose the alternative river play is to raise, but with 2 LAGs you worry that one of them has a 2. I'd just call it down, like you did.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:56 AM

Nice hand.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 AM

wow, I didn't even notice that the river paired the board. You can fold here very easily. You never win.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, I didn't even notice that the river paired the board. You can fold here very easily. You never win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would fold Top 2 in a 20+ BB pot againt 2 aggressive donks just because the river paired the bottom card? I agree that card really hurt your winning chances, but folding is out of the question IMO.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:09 AM

getting about 15:1 on average (for times when button raises) I think I fold this river without any problems. They may not be that great, but once button slowplays to the turn and then it gets capped, we are hurting. Also, UTG's most likely holdings that we beat (a weaker 2 pair) just pulled ahead. Time to pack it in.