Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 11:39 PM

Default One month and little improvement....

I know some of you HATE stats posts...but its been a month since my last stats post, and nothing seems to have improved. My PFR% is still much lower than i'd like and my postion stats are pretty ugly. Im trying to limp more hands OTB, Kxs, TQs etc. Im just not sure how to get my PFR % up. I am guessing my UTG and EP numbers are fine. I feel that my problem is OTB, C/O and the hijack. Its frustarting as i want to be beating the game for 1.5bb/100+. I am currently 4 tabling 9:00am-3:30pmish as a summer job (im in school).

Im going to read SSHE again, and see if i can find anything from there. Any suggetions or advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: One month and little improvement....

It's not that we hate stat posts, its just that we don't know what you're doing hand to hand.

Why don't you post some small PP and suited aces hands and see how you played them.

Also, don't worry about being a "PT TAG" If you play well, you play well, regardless of the stats. I did for a while, but I found myself to be verging on the psycho-aggressive side of TAG. My AF (minus PF) is over 3 for 30k hands (variance, I know) and my VPIP is ~16 with PFR of 9. Look for leaks based on hands played, not the aggregate result from a tracking program.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:05 AM

Your blind play needs work. You're too tight defending and you need to attempt to steal a lot more.

Generally speaking, you're a little tight preflop and should be raising more.

I can't really comment on postflop. You're river numbers differ from mine somewhat but I think a lot of it stems back to your tighter play on early rounds/preflop.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 AM

thanks for the help so far.
I was wondering if a solid player could perhaps export me a few hundred hands (in poker tracker Utilities --> Export Hand histories to file). I could go over them in the hand replayer on poker tracker and look how different hands are played in different positions. This would be of great help. Perhaps you could email them or send them on MSN vipon68@msn.com .

Im going to start posting more/reading more that should add to my winrate and general knowledge of the game.

Thanks all

WiLL
Old 06-22-2005, 12:18 AM

You find 9-3 is a good time to play ? I'm not a fan of those hours on party.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 AM

no but these are the only hours i can realistically "grind". I hear/feel that 3/6 during these hours is a bunch of TAG grinders/full timers, all of which who play SSHE style poker.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:28 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

You're a rock. 1.34 BB/100 honestly is pretty good.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 AM

ya you're playing during super grinder time. I play 3/6 right now too, and I find that in 2 hours between 5pm and 1am I can do great. Certainly summer job great.

During the day I find I'm switching tables all the time to find one with an attractive VPIP, and that's usually thanks to a hi content of european players. Maybe playing on a european site during those hours would be best.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:35 AM

What mystifies me is how your VPIP barely changes with position. Why not list what hands you are typically playing in say UTG, MP1, and the button?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:40 AM

I think you should post your thoughts regarding everything you think about the value of position. I'm sure you have read that being in late position is better than being in early position, but it doesn't look like you fully understand why. Post everything you know about the disadvantages of early position and the advantages of late position and I'm almost sure someone will be able to help you patch a small leak.

I'd also like to know what your cold calling with so much.