Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: How To Win At Omaha High-Low

[ QUOTE ]
I have also been looking around for some good omaha book. As of right now I only have Ray Zee's book. I was wondering if you guys can recommend any other good omaha book that are in the market today. Also I dont care if it is on omaha 8/better or omaha high.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been numerous threads on this over the last few months. I suggest scrolling back or searching. Contrary to popular belief, the search function does work.

I'd also suggest a visit to the Omaha8 forum.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:30 PM

Real Poker Night by Henry Stephenson has a suprisingly good Omaha/8 section. I got it for free at one of my trade shows.

I has started off by reading Ray Zee's book...and found it a bit overwhelming. I even cracked open Bobby Baldwins section in SS2. Frankly, if you are new to the game, Stephensons book is the best introduction I have yet seen. It is not because it is any better than any other Omaha/8 book out there...I'm sure it is not--the point is that he relates the initial concepts better than anyone I have seen. You have to 'understand' before you can begin to excel.
After reading that section, I was able to pick up Zee's book and it all began to make sense to me.

---Leavenfish
Old 09-29-2005, 07:49 PM

How come I never heard of Real Poker Night until now? How long is the o8 section?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How come I never heard of Real Poker Night until now? How long is the o8 section?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really only about 20 pages long. You could probably read it in a bookstore and get what you need out of it. Like I said, he just 'explains' some concepts very well. The book just came out this year.

---Leavenfish