Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: 10/20: A simple, common situation I botched.

I don’t think it is a simple situation to play a good but not great hand on a drawish board oop vs two LAGs. I like to start by check raising this type of hand. If MP is on auto bet I think it is the best way to protect your hand.

Playing it as you did I don’t think lags raise the flop with the intention of folding to a cap so I prefer calling the two back to me as you did and plan on check raising the turn. You can’t like that ten so I think a call hear is fine if you can’t fold to a three bet or call one with any sort of confidence. If he is really is auto raising the flops I can’t see myself not check raising here I am just ahead far too often not to.

I think Capping the flop and leading out looks like a big draw in the mind of a LAG and can still get raised by some weaker hands looking for a cheap showdown so you can’t fold there.

That said My default play against Lags I don’t have much of a line on involves a lot of calling so I can see myself playing it the same as you.