Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 12:04 PM

Default I think I like this

Reads: UTG is aggressive TAG post flop, will take stabs at weak pots. MP is fairly loose and slightly aggressive but not overly so. Most likely he would not be betting this turn with just a 1-card heart draw.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Had UTG just called I was planning on value betting a non-heart river (or perhaps even a bet/fold line for a heart since he'd be more likely to donk bet out if he did have the heart)
Old 08-16-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I think I like this

It reeks of trips in my opinion, but is anybody thinknig of not raising the turn and going to showdown? The flush and the jack have you beat, but a worse queen or the draw are still behind you.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It reeks of trips in my opinion, but is anybody thinknig of not raising the turn and going to showdown? The flush and the jack have you beat, but a worse queen or the draw are still behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not raising the turn will allow the BB a cheap look at the river if he's holding a lone heart, so I think the turn must be raised.

The turn fold is probably good. Villian is probably limping UTG with hands like JT/QJ or KK/AA if he's trying to get tricky. I think he raises KQ preflop and probably doesn't 3-bet QT on the turn, so I think I like the fold.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 PM

Hard to say, your player descriptions are a bit confusing. If the UTG player is the fairly loose one I play it the same, but if he is the TAG (how can you be a post flop TAG) I have a very hard time thinking of a hand he would play this way that I beat. Maybe a small pair with a heart but I think that would raise the flop. The only thing calling that flop is a draw or a monster. I would fold to the turn bet. The pot is not all that big and I don’t like putting 2 BB in to protect it when the vast majority of the time I am the one drawing to a 2 outer. It all comes down to what UTG would limp with.

Ok my first post after lurking for 3 years and its weak tight.