Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Ceasars Indiana 5/10; Going broke with big slick............

I made the trip back to Caesars on Sunday Nov 21, I'll never forget it because the guy that broke me had been bitching all afternoon because "that car race should be on
TV", but Caesars poker room management thought otherwise.
(It was NASCARS final race)
The guy sat to my immediate right and never raised a hand
in the four hours of play it took for me to lose my 250 dollar buy-in. He just called and called and called his way
to about 500 bucks in those four hours.......oh well, earlier I look down and see AK at this full table and I'm
UTG and say (f*ck it) and raise. I hate to raise much because when I raise preflop, I pretty much end up just losing my money quicker than usual, and I get about 3 callers back to the BB who calls. The flop yields a K 7 9,
not too bad I thought at the time, it's checked to me, I bet
and 2 call, turn is a 3 and I bet with 1 caller and he's still bitching about that car race not on Caesar's TV, river
is it does'nt matter I'm betting out anyway and he called,
showing 7 9 for two pair.
An hour later I look down and see KK in EP, I raise and get
about 4 callers, including the bitcher, flop was J x x, I bet, with 3 callers, turn a T, I bet with 2 callers, river
who cares I'm not folding and I bet with 1 caller and the bitcher turns over another 2 pair J T.
The only hand I won that day was AJ and the flop came
AAJ, only problem was only one caller to the turn.
So I'm thinking back to all the 2+2 posts I've read that
indicate these are the exact players I want in my game. OK.
AK again goes down all the way to 2 pair to the same guy I
mentioned earlier and they were even crappier than 9 7 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
But I really do want this guy. I don't want an expert player at my table at all.
I'm down to 50 bucks whatever and get 99 in MP and call.
No raises and about 5 to the flop of 9 8 3 , I call
and it's 4 to the turn and a J hits with 2 clubs on the board, I call and it's 3 to the river's Ac, I call her down
with a set of nines but my NASCAR buddy takes the pot with
an amazing 8 4 of clubs.
I have about 12 dollars left and toss the two white chips to the dealer and just about toss the final 2 red chips to
the bitcher but decide to cash them in and get the buffet at the Flying J out on I-64.
I feel like I'm at the right tables with the right players,
but I'm sure the other players feel the same way when I'm there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Ceasars Indiana 5/10; Going broke with big slick............

The $5-10 is not near as much fun as the $4-8. Everytime I play $5-10 at Caesars. IN the players don't seem to be having a good time. It is like they take the game very seriously and think they are great players. Some are decent but most are clueless.

The situation you are describing happens on a regular basis playing low limit. It is not unusual to lose your entire buyin in a few hours when the fish are hitting their cards. In the long term, the guy cold calling your raise with JTo will pay back all those chips and many more but that doesn't help a lot at the moment.

I got tired of driving to the other cardrooms and decided I wasn't mad at Ceasars, IN any more. I played Thursday evening for about 5 hours. I played $5-10 because they had a seat available not because the game is good.

Is it just me or does it always seem that there are one or two players that seem to give you the most trouble and it is almost like the other players don't exist, you never seem to be in a hand with them but you always seeem to be playing against the same few people.

I got a little revenge against a gut just like you describe Thursday. The guy had been calling my raises with less than optimal cards and hitting the flop. He made a serious error by not raising KK preflop and I am in the small blind with 64o. He bets the flop with lots of callers and I river a gutshot. Believe it or not, it puts him on tilt, here he has run me down numerous hands, he screws up and lets me win and titlts, crazy. I stayed in the hand partially because I wanted to screw with his brain if my gutshot hit.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:52 AM

Let me see if I got this straight ...

Bad beat. whine, whine, whine.

Is that it?

Oh, wait a minute. You won with AJ when the flop came AAJ, but there was only one caller on the turn. whine, whine, whine.

So it is a problem when not very many people call your preminum hand raises, and it is a problem when a lot of people call your premium hand raises. Right?

When you find that game where everyone calls your raise, then calls all the way to the river, and then they all muck on the last bet, let me know --- I want in.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2004, 08:37 PM

cardpounder; you pretty much nailed it.
Oh, and by the way......bite my ass. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2004, 11:27 PM

You play 5/10 and you don't like raising AK, KK, or 99, and you call down with sets?

Was this the first $250 you lost?
Old 12-05-2004, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You play 5/10 and you don't like raising AK, KK, or 99, and you call down with sets?

[/ QUOTE ]

That day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Top set, no goot
Old 12-05-2004, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Top set, no goot

[/ QUOTE ]

if you knew it was no good, why are you calling people down with it. Bad play, not bad beat.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to raise much because when I raise preflop, I pretty much end up just losing my money quicker than usual...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my...
Old 12-06-2004, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He made a serious error by not raising KK preflop and I am in the small blind with 64o.

[/ QUOTE ]

You complete with 64o? Is there a hand you wouldn't complete?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:28 PM

Not many, the blinds are were I get my gambling fix. Better to gamble for a half a bet than a full one. There is more to the story, I was specifically trying to suck out on a guy that had put some bad beats on me and I knew it would really screw him up if it worked. It did work and it screwed him up long enough for me to take a bunch of his chips. Besides when you have 8 limpers, you have odds to loosen up.