Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Stealing and getting caught...

These are the sort I never know how to play - when you start stealing, and then catch something. Should I just give this up on fourth?

I don't really know what's happening - I can't think of a hand that has a call on fifth, and then can't bet sixth. If he does bet sixth, is this just a check/fold?

The river has to be a call getting 5:1 with no bet on sixth, surely.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.90 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.45 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.45 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

River - (4.45 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (6.45 BB)
Old 11-18-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Stealing and getting caught...

I don't think i play much differently than you did.

I almost always put in the continuation bet on 4th.

5th you have to keep the pressure on, I don't know what he's callin with except a flush but the check on 6th says otherwise, unless he thinks you might have a boat I guess.

6th and 7th I think check calling is the way to go.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:54 AM

I would check-fold 4th. You have absolutely nothing and he may well raise.

His 6th street check is about as weird as it gets. Wtf? Only hand that makes some kind of sense is trips.

I call the river too.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:20 PM

Check/fold 4th street. You attempted your steal, got called, and now your opponent catches a 2 flush on board. If he caught a different suited deuce the continuation bet makes more sense.

Fifth street you need to bet and hope that he folds.

Sixth street is a clear check/fold situation. I seriously doubt you would be ahead if he bet here.

On the river calling should be ok. When he checks 6th street that tells me he doesn't have it yet. Now that he bets the river you have to pay him off.