Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 03:56 AM

Default How to proceed here with JJ

Villain is terrible and cold called my early position raise with 32s earlier so I think it's safe to say that villain's range here is any two suited cards, any pair or any combination of cards above ten. I've picked him off multiple times when he's bluffed in very obvious situations (like I check to him on the river after the draw misses after I've been betting the whole way)

.25/.50, 3 limpers to me in the BB and I raise with JJ to 2.50. Villain is short stacked and calls with about $7 more after the call. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Given my read of villain, my hand has a good chance of still being good, but I won't be bluffing him off of any A, and probably any Q. Pot is around $6. Now villain isn't so bad he'll call a push here with two random unpaired cards, so I think if I push here and am called, it's very likely I'm beat, but there's a good chance he'll bet with or without a hand that beats mine if checked to. What's my best play here? My problem is if I bet small and and he pushes, I'd be getting 5 to 1 on a call with what might be the best hand but there's a good chance it isn't.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: How to proceed here with JJ

If you feel your jacks could very well be good then check/call. If you push he plays perfectly... he calls with anything that beats you and folds anything that doesn't. If you check/call, he'll push a ton of hands here.

Edit: I probably check/fold here though.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:14 AM

I definitely Check the flop, maybe c/r all in, prob c/f.

the problem is, donks are WAY more likely than solid players to have the ace as they will exitedly show A3o, etc.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:58 AM

I check and fold if he bets 3+ on the flop. If he checks behind you check again on the turn and can call if he pushes.