Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Another 1/2 NL hand

1/2/5 (live straddle)
UTG (500) (aggressive player) raises to 25, UTG+1(170) (2nd most tighest player @ table) calls, Hero (300) picks up K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raises to $65. Folded around. UTG calls. UTG+1 goes all in for another $110 on top. What should Hero do?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Another 1/2 NL hand

Smoothcall then push any flop.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 PM

push
Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 PM

I like raising more the first time through if you are going to raise. Make it at least 100 so you can push the flop for a pot-sized bet.

As it went down I push. Don't let the aggro player get away in the dry sidepot on the flop when he has a big A and misses. People play stupid (especially live 1/2) let him make the big call PF. IF UTG+1 wakes up with AA reload. Hopefully you'll get a call from the aggro with the bigger stack who you probably have beat.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:33 PM

If you push you might as well tell UTG what you have and he will only call w/ AA... although if the game you play in is typically full of idiots, then its a clear push.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you push you might as well tell UTG what you have and he will only call w/ AA... unless the game you play in is typically full of idiots, then its a clear push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling pretty much says exactly the same thing with your stack to anyone who is any good. Typical 1/2 live games are full of donks though who would call with AK but fold on the flop if they don't hit. I wouldn't want to give them the chance to fold.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you push you might as well tell UTG what you have and he will only call w/ AA... unless the game you play in is typically full of idiots, then its a clear push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling pretty much says exactly the same thing with your stack to anyone who is any good. Typical 1/2 live games are full of donks though who would call with AK but fold on the flop if they don't hit. I wouldn't want to give them the chance to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your average player calls with AK here then pushing is obviously best, its hard to give the best advice in some of these threads because I don't assume any level of stupidity for the opposition unless stated. Calling obviously should tell UTG AA or KK, but less so then if you push imo.