Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 04:12 PM

Default my drawing hand

table is 27/6/2.13
villain is 59/0/1.44

I think I liked this hand, but I'm not sure. So, what do you think? All streets, please.

FullTilt Poker $.25/$.50 <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.25</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, CO folds, BB calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($3.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.50.

River: ($5.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $8.60.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: my drawing hand

I would fold this preflop. JTo isn't a limping hand in MP, and is maybe barely profitable in LP. I like your flop raise, and the turn raise is automatic. I would've capped it on the river. Yes, the paired board is a bit scary, but not enough to miss the opportunity to extract more bets from him.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:34 PM

Preflop: I don't like the limp. Too weak of a hand in too early of a position. We don't want to pay 2 SB to see a flop. Just fold.

Flop: Why are you raising? You don't have enough equity to raise - if there had been another caller between you and the better, I might agree. Just call.

Turn: Fine.

River: My instinct is to say cap - MP1 is pretty aggressive for that loose. When I look at it, though, it could definitely be K8 or Q8, so calling seems prudent. Whatever you do, don't fold.

Also, it's a good idea to get pot sizes in terms of bets rather than $. It helps with pot odds and also makes the game less about money and more about correct plays.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? What do you hope it will accomplish?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:37 PM

Definetly raise the flop. You have an oesd + the equity + a possible free card.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:40 PM

Pre-flop:
JT offsuit is a fold pre-flop.

Flop:
On the flop I don't completely understand the raise. I think this would be a good opportunity to wait for a larger edge later. With four players you are contributing 25% to the pot and you have a draw that is going to come in around 30% of the time. If you hit your draw all of your opponents are virtually drawing dead. That being said I'd pass on my small pot equity edge here and wait for a larger edge later in the hand.

Turn: Calling and raising net the same amount of money for the pot on this particular round of betting. I like your raise here thought maybe the first player will re-raise.

River: That 8 could be dangerous to your hand.. I'd consider reads here, would he play k8, Q8? Would he limp with 88? I would have to have a read on him to decide how to handle this street.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definetly raise the flop. You have an oesd + the equity + a possible free card.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is your equity? How often will you get a free card?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:49 PM

I would consider capping the flop. Your equity is really close to 33% so any additional bets going in are EV neutral at this point and there's a reasonable chance of getting a free card for no additional cost. It will also give you some information, if he's willing to bet the turn, it looks more like 2 pair or a set than top pair.

His stop and go is very strange, but given that he woke back up when the board paired, it's pretty often a full house. Although it is possible he put you on a strong draw on the turn and came out betting again on the river when he knew you didn't improve, I think once he 3-bets you are in big trouble.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I don't like the limp. Too weak of a hand in too early of a position. We don't want to pay 2 SB to see a flop. Just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, JT makes a lot of different nut straights, so I like to play it. I abandon it at the flop if it misses. I would not limp if I was in first, but supposing CO raises, the BB is generally loose and will call, and the EP limper is in, and I'm still getting a good price, aren't I? I know I need JTo with more players in, though.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Why are you raising? You don't have enough equity to raise - if there had been another caller between you and the better, I might agree. Just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

value, buying the button, and maybe a free card. I don't do this often, but this spot seemed right. If this is not correct, I won't do it again.
[ QUOTE ]

Turn: Fine.

River: My instinct is to say cap - MP1 is pretty aggressive for that loose. When I look at it, though, it could definitely be K8 or Q8, so calling seems prudent. Whatever you do, don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I still didn't have a great read on villain, so I just called here. I figured we had the same hand at this point.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, it's a good idea to get pot sizes in terms of bets rather than $. It helps with pot odds and also makes the game less about money and more about correct plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funky. My exe hand converter has put them in SB's and BB's before. I'm scratching my head here.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:52 PM

If you don't raise your OESD's, then when are you raising?