Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:18 PM

Default 3rd hand of WPT main event

Third hand of WPT main event at Foxwoods. Everyone has 10K in chips. Blinds are 25-50. EP raises to 350 and player to his immediate right raises to 1200. Folds back to original raiser who pushes all in. While trying to decide whether or not to call, the player shows me KK "by accident". Do you call or fold? What does the pusher have? If you won your seat through a $200 satellite does that change your mind at all?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: 3rd hand of WPT main event

I call. I'm hesitant to believe the big raise UTG is AA, and if it is, so be it. The only way im folding KK here is if I have absolutely no doubt. I think I have doubt here. 2 overbets smells a little like a guy who doesnt get deep stacks overplaying QQ/AK. Maybe I go broke, but so be it.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:32 PM

Even though only one hand beats you I think its a clear fold. Pusher holds AA and winning my seat via $200 satelite doesn't change anything for me. Since winning a $200 satelite for a $10K seat is the same to me as winning $10K in cash from a $200 tourney. No point to blow my money on "toys" or a very risky call.

The original raiser made a big raise of 7X the BB preflop which many new players will do with a big hand. When he gets hit back with a big raise he knows he's up against a big hand and would love to get everything in now. I can only see him pushing with AA or KK. Most likely has AA since we know 2 Kings are out.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:36 PM

I think that if there is any time to fold KK preflop, this would be it. I would want some assurance that he could do this w/ QQ to make the call. Obv. being the 3rd hand, I probably have zero read. I think I'm inclined to give it up there.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that if there is any time to fold KK preflop, this would be it. I would want some assurance that he could do this w/ QQ to make the call. Obv. being the 3rd hand, I probably have zero read. I think I'm inclined to give it up there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Third hand of WPT main event at Foxwoods. Everyone has 10K in chips. Blinds are 25-50. EP raises to 350 and player to his immediate right raises to 1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Foxwoods always go counterclockwise, or just for WPT events?

He lied about the oatmeal.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Third hand of WPT main event at Foxwoods. Everyone has 10K in chips. Blinds are 25-50. EP raises to 350 and player to his immediate right raises to 1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Foxwoods always go counterclockwise, or just for WPT events?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for noticing. The player was on my immediate right and to the immediate left of the original raiser.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:05 PM

We had some discussion about this at the table. I thought it was an easy call. The only hand that you are afraid of is AA and why on earth would AA make a play like this? The only way AA gets any action from a play like that is if hia opponent has KK and then it is not a certainty.

The KK folded because "he won his seat through a staellite and wanted to play a while". The pre-flop pusher admitted to having either QQ or AK, but did not specify. I do not like the play in either case because the only action you are going to get is from AA or KK and you are dominated. He was risking his tournament life for a relatively small pot. The stacks are just too deep to make such a large overbet.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The KK folded because "he won his seat through a staellite and wanted to play a while".

[/ QUOTE ]

as stupid as this sounds, it does have some merit if you are not going to be playing these 10k events a lot. I'm not saying fold AA, but if you believe it to be a marginal situation and you are really amped up on playing in this event, then I don't see why folding there for that reason is terrible. Not everyone plays these huge events *solely* for EV. There is some entertainment value.