Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Finally making the move

Finally making the move to online poker playing, and I was just curious what were some of the favorite online programs everyone was using.

Of course I hear the general partypoker.com, but I figured since everyone knows about that, that probably everyone is on there, and doesn't have as good of a chance as joining a not so well known one where there might be more unskilled players than on partypoker.

Also, i'm not entirely sure about all of the raked hands and bonus clear terminology that is thrown around, so I don't know which program is better in that area either. I did notice that partypoker seemed to have several tourneys for newer players, some with buy ins some without, and wasn't sure if other programs had those.

If there is a thread on this already that I've missed, if yall could just direct me to it, this thread could be deleted...thanks!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Finally making the move

Party poker is a great site with a lot of bad players. I don't think you will be better of by beginning at an other pokersite.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=
Old 08-29-2005, 11:17 AM

I've been playing for two years now and party is consistently been the best site to play. Many pros but many many bad players.

Now that stars is advertising they have a lot of bad players also.

These sites have the most games going and good variety. I suggest you start there.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured since everyone knows about that, that probably everyone is on there, and doesn't have as good of a chance as joining a not so well known one where there might be more unskilled players than on partypoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thinking is backwards here. The general public, for the most part, sucks at poker. Thus the most popular site, party, has the weakest players and most profitable games. For bonus clearing info check bonuswhores.com.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 08-29-2005, 12:01 PM

Party Pros -

Most players, including greatest concentration of bad players.
Good software, ability to skin it/dress it up.
Very fat, easy to clear bonuses
Full and complete poker tracker, gametime+, all other poker software compatibility

Party Cons -

Tournament structure is not fantastic
No nano-limit games (.5/1 is lowest at PP)

As you can see the pros FAR outweigh the con's go with Party unless you consider yourself a hardcore tournament pro. If that's the case you should go Poker Stars, it actually has pros where PP has con's.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:11 PM

haha, that sucks

I go to sign up on partypoker and for some reason it won't take my debit card, lame, guess i'm going to be calling the bank about this one.