Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Somebody help me!!

Lately, I've been really down on sng's. I usually play 10 NL but sometimes I get frustrated and play higher lol. Anyways, to improve my game I've found some of the best players (using Poker Prophecy) on PP and I watch their games while I play. Lately, I've been finishing on the bubble far more than I feel I deserve. I can't win a single race, and it seems as though even if I have my opponent dominated in the eventual all-in scenario, I lose. Can anyone relate? Is it just me? My style in sng's (not in multis) is the typical uber tight early, aggressive late style. I can almost always make it to fourth but it seems as though the bubble has a magnet with my name on it. I guess what I want help with would be basic bubble strategy and general advice for sng's. Lately the bubble has driven me absolutely insane. It's not even realistic anymore. It's like the twilight zone. Today I've busted on the bubble with the following matchups- meQQ vs 55 (four of a kind fives) me Ak suited vs. KJ (pair of jacks) KQ vs. Q10 (strait) and AK suited vs. K2 (two pair k's 2's) and more. Half of the other games I lost can be attributed to bubble frustration. Is this a phase? How do you guys cope with these terrible times? I'm not a bad person but I've had some unhealthy feelings during this period. Your guys' advice would be so greatly appreciated. SOMEBODY out there knows what I'm going through. Btw, I'm new to this site so please excuse the poor layout. Any questions due to empty specifics I will answer. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Somebody help me!!

if you're 100% sure your play was right but you lost, well nobody's going to care.

if you're not sure if the play was right, post hands. you'll get no constructive feedback from general posts like this.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:07 AM

That's just it, I'm not 100% sure if I'm playng right. I don't know how to post in heiroglyphics like you guys do. I think my post seems pretty clear. I could be wrong. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:11 AM

To paraphrase raptor...

horrible first post.

Look man, there are a million threads where some dipshit comes and posts the same exact thing. Go read one of those. See the responses.

NOBODY CARES.

EVERYONE has gone through what you're going through, and most of it is way, way worse. You likely have no idea what a bad run is.

The only thing you can do is post hands. If you played a couple hands and weren't sure you played them right (not a "I pushed preflop with aces and he called with J5 and I lost did I play it right??????" post), then post them. Check out all the other hand posts, make your comments, and then see how other players analyzed them.

Read this and stop whining.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's just it, I'm not 100% sure if I'm playng right. I don't know how to post in heiroglyphics like you guys do. I think my post seems pretty clear. I could be wrong. Thanks for your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Today I've busted on the bubble with the following matchups- meQQ vs 55 (four of a kind fives) me Ak suited vs. KJ (pair of jacks) KQ vs. Q10 (strait) and AK suited vs. K2 (two pair k's 2's) and more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are just bad beats, and don't garner any sympathy.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to post in heiroglyphics like you guys do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can post raw HHs, or use the converter.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, really, you have to post specific hands to see if you're messing up on the bubble. when you say "i play tight early and aggressive late" you're not going to get replies saying, "nice work! you appear to have nailed down all of the intricacies of bubble play completely! keep it up!"
Old 06-13-2005, 06:16 AM

Ouch. Burned. That was a hostile reply. On a bad run yourself? Well you've made me feel like a complete idiot. You win. I will be more robotic in my posts. I'm allowed one terrible post I think. Hey at least I was cordial. Right guys? Guys? GUYS!?? (looks around to find post littered with cobwebs)
Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 AM

Spend a week reading every post in this forum.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 AM

lol. I got the picture kama. Salt on my wounds, salt on my mother f'n wounds.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today I've busted on the bubble with the following matchups- meQQ vs 55 (four of a kind fives) me Ak suited vs. KJ (pair of jacks) KQ vs. Q10 (strait) and AK suited vs. K2 (two pair k's 2's) and more. Half of the other games I lost can be attributed to bubble frustration. Is this a phase? How do you guys cope with these terrible times? I'm not a bad person but I've had some unhealthy feelings during this period. Your guys' advice would be so greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop raising with QQ when your opponent with 55 is going to catch quads. The best players see these things coming.

[ QUOTE ]
SOMEBODY out there knows what I'm going through.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the best hand doesn't always hold up? Must be cuz online poker is rigged.

CITANUL, WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU???