Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

Haven't posted much but I plan to...so here you go
How old are you? Birthday?

Where do you live?
Outside Phila

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children?
Single

Occupation besides poker?
Working on a business venture...I refuse to work for the man

If studying, what and where?
Graduated Penn State with a finance degree in May

Favorite movie?
Rounders

Best poker acomplishment? How long been playing?
Bringing the PSU poker community together. Been playing for 5 years but only really started to study the game in the last 1.5 years.

Feel free to add any other information or pictures about yourself you want to share.
For more info check out my site www.nicefacepoker.com . Especially any Penn State poker players...
Old 11-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Name: Jessica/Jessy or Jeanie
Birthday? Age?: Aug. 13th 1985 (I'm 20)
Location?: Born and raised in Tucson, Arizona. Hoping to make a move sometime soon. (within 5 years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Schooling:Mostly none. Think I went to Highschool up until my sophmore year then dropped out
Married? Children?: Yes married 2 years w/ no kids but a MinPin (for dog lovers) named billy, and a cat named Sushi (big fat black one does nothing all day)

Poker: I've been playing for a living roughly for two years. Went to Vegas in 03' to get married and hit the poker bug big after that little trip. Basically I'm (along with my husband) one of those idiots who thought they knew everything and started playing for a living. Made it almost a year the first time, went broke... 3-5 months later took another shot and I've been playing since Feb. ever since. The right way this time.

My husband plays for a living too, he's (Ya_Fooboo) on the forum, and we both play under the name xo*Kisses*xo or JessyJ at Stars.

Eh, I guess that's enough of my story. Give me all day and I'll keep going. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 05:59 PM

I'm 37 in Eden Prairie Minnesota.

I'm sort of like an online law librarian for lawyers and law students.

I'm married with two kids under 4.

I like Groundhog's day b/c it's a movie you can watch over and over and over again (that's a joke)- my true favorite movie is Bridge over the River Kwai.

I've only been playing online for about two years and before that I would go to a card club once in a while (but I didn't know what I was doing).

My biggest accomplishment is a 3 way split in a $20 tournament and 7th in a $50.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:47 PM

I guess I'm one of the old farts here @ 35, Born and raised in central Mass. Got my MBA from UMass, and have been working in sales for the past 10 or so years. I'm also a snowboard junkie, spend most of my winters on snow, and I also teach at a local mountain.

Been playing poker for about 1.5 years. Took a free $10 from pacific and worked it to ~300 in cash games, then won the $16k for $2300. Since then I have been addicted, play part time nights and have had many final tables and several wins. Took my first poker trip to Vegas a few weeks ago, got crushed at the cash tables, but made it back and then some owning 2 of 5 rebuy tournies @ Sahara. Great trip!
Old 11-14-2005, 06:54 PM

How old are you? Birthday? 21 yrs old 7th Jan.
Where do you live? Edinburgh , scotland United Kingdom
Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children? Im engaged no kids
Occupation besides poker? IT for a major scottish newspaper
If studying, what and where? studying life.
Favorite movie?sounds pish and geeky but its probably the matrix..

Best poker acomplishment? Its a tossup between qualifying for WPT Atlantis 06 and clearing out roughly $8k of silly student debts. To see yourself in the black after being in a hole for 2 yrs is really something.

How long been playing? 13 months.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7th in the $500k guarantee on stars for $17,0000.

[/ QUOTE ]

was this last night??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-14-2005, 07:22 PM

I am currently working in the finance dept. of a hotel.

Single/In a relationship: Its terrible and its long distance and its been 3 years on and off.

As for movies, Old School, Starsky & Hutch, Teen Wolf (Loved it since I was a kid)

I have been playing online for 2.5 years, about .5 of that was losing though... I have just started playing live tournaments, final tabling my first two, with one win. I play live cash games in AC as well.

Biggest Accomplishments:

Pokerstars Atlantis Double Shootout for 12k
Chopped first/second at the Taj 300+40 NL for 7k
UB25k First place - 5500

I have had several other good finishes but these 3 are my biggest accomplishments, all for different reasons.

Some pictures of me and my crew:
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikeymer
Old 11-14-2005, 07:31 PM

My name is Eric and im 24 (april 4). I live in Sweden and study history at the university of Uppsala.
I love dogs and is thinking about getting one, and my favorite movie is "Rare window" (Hitchcock).

Im playing way to much poker and I have to cut it down so feel free to tell me to go and study if I make some stupid post.
I have been playing for two years and covered all forms av holdem. Lost alot on everything except MTTs and S&G.
I have been trying really hard to beat the NL25 at Party, but I cant stand minraises so I often put minraisers allin just because they minraise.

My biggest echeivments is a win at the 25K re&ad 10+1 at Prima, and 3 runner up finishes.

My favorite poker player is Tuan Lee.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:10 PM

My name is Chris (surprise surprise).

I am 26.

I live in San Diego.

I have a BA in Economics and manage a small-cap, small minimum investment hedge fund for a business I started 2 years ago (rather not post my website, don't want to get banned for advertising or something, although pm me if you are interested [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I play poker and read these forms to relax, I don't play poker for the money but I'd rather not suck, thus why I am here.

I've FT'ed about 5 times, but my main accomplishment is that I have a good time every time I play cards.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:20 PM

Since it is still alive...

Name: Mike
How old are you? 37
Birthday? Sept 19
Where do you live? Fremont, CA
Are you married? Yep, 8 years.
Children? 2 month old daughter
Occupation besides poker? Software Engineer
If studying, what and where? UC Davis originally.
Favorite movie? So many. Let's go with Moulin Rouge.
Best poker acomplishment? Won a 10k Guarrantee on Empire. Survived the dot com bust while keeeping my house.
How long been playing? ~ 1 year of serious play. Learned to play originally from my dad when I was ~ 6.
-Mike