Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Default I this a \"normal\" plo session?

4-tabling $.5/1 on stars for the first time. 6 hour session. No tilt. A-game, ONE bad call for $14.

During current Omaha session you were dealt 922 hands and saw flop:
- 91 out of 119 times while in big blind (76%)
- 61 out of 120 times while in small blind (50%)
- 170 out of 683 times in other positions (24%)
- a total of 322 out of 922 (34%)
Pots won at showdown - 35 of 70 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 26

result: -$261.5

I am starting to really worry about going broke. I can take about 10 more days like these than i am fakked.

Should i go down 15% seeing flop outside blinds?

If this is considerd whine or badbeat please move it.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: I this a \"normal\" plo session?

You didn't even lose 3 buy-ins! I don't think that stats really mean that much in this game, as all those percentages really just have to mesh with one's style, the personality of the table, etc.

Maybe dropping down to PLO50 for a bit would help.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am starting to really worry about going broke. I can take about 10 more days like these than i am fakked.

[/ QUOTE ]
first... you can take about 4 more days... then it's time for PLO $50. but:

[ QUOTE ]

Should i go down 15% seeing flop outside blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i think you're way too tight PF and too loose on the end- though that sample is nowhere near large enough to be signifigant[/cliche].

the 91 out of 119 in the BB (76%) tells me that these tables are likely too passive PF- maybe limp more if they'll let you... i see about 35% of flops when I'm not in the blinds, but then again, i am a LAG...

...and you should be winning more than 50% of your showdowns, too, though i suppose that could be due to missed draws check-checking, etc.

$261, up or down, isn't even a big swing by any means. I think of 2.6 buy-ins as a medium-small swing in a 1000 hand PLO sesh. i win/loose 2+ buy-ins in a HAND all the time (seems like it anyway). welcome to omaha.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:49 AM

Although 4-tabling is definitely doable, if you don't feel like you are a big favorite at the table, you should drop down to fewer tables so that you can make better plays. Like everyone said before, -2.6 BI is nothing in this game, especially over 6 hours. Sometimes I am -2 BI in 10 minutes!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:55 AM

Yeah the table where passive today preflop, like it was limit omaha.

I cant really put a finger on why i only win 50% of the showdowns, some bad beats of course but they cant make for that high %. Maybe missing some river raises that would make mediocre hands fold.

When i was running really hot in september/oktober, +40 buyins, i saw about 44% flops. Then i hit the other end of the bell curve in november loosing 15 buyins, and not making a profit a single day for the whole month except the last day where i made a nice 8 buyins profit on one 6-max table on ladbrokes.

Gonna do 4 more days with 4-tabling for 6 hours, unless i hit -$1k then i will step down in levels, maybe all the way down to $25. If i cant beat the $25 ill quit and get social welfare.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:04 AM

I felt the need to try something new, the previous 3 months ive been playing one or two tables, focusing more on playing the players. But in november i was constantly bleeding away money.

The more i think about it the more i see the reason for my "misery"; when playing in sept/okt i would always stop when i was 1-2 buyins up and go do something else since i had made "enough" for that day. I think my mindset got used to being a constant winner and i now am overreacting to the natural swings in the game.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:58 AM

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time mentally with the game.

I think you've already figured out your problems.

Just curious, how many hands do you play in a month?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:24 AM

Dont keep tracks of handcount only hours but the last months ive have logged the following hours (1 hour playing 3-tables = 3 hours):

September 74h
Oktober 68h
November 85h
December 36h

Someone with a good samplesize can probably translate that into handcount.

The coming days i plan to play 6 hours of 4 tabling or about 1k hands aday. Lol wtf that is 24h table hours and so then i put in a whooping 4 days of work in september, damn i knew i was lazy but......
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 AM

One day I lost 13 buyins in a 6 hour session. And I thought I played well. So yeah, I don't think this is troubling.

I think you should not be 4 tabling. I think 4 tabling is really hard in PLO. Its hard to know who the donkeys are and which bluffs to pick off.