Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-24-2005, 05:05 AM

Default KK on monochrome flop

I know UTG to be a rather loose player who could be on anything from AQ-AJ to 9-10 J or Q.
If an A would have hit I would have folded this flop but as it is I felt there were just too many things he could have had that I was ahead with.
What I want to know is if this push is complete lunacy given my read and the fact one of my kings isn't a spade?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t725)
CO+1 (t1240)
MP3 (t520)
MP2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG (t770)
BB (t695)
Hero (t785)
Button (t865)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises t30</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t30, <font color="red">Hero raises t165</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG calls t145, Button calls t145

Flop: (t540) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises t610 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises t595 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>

Turn: (t1745) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1745) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Old 12-24-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: KK on monochrome flop

Played fine on all streets as far as I can tell. If the flop had come 3 spades with an ace and two opponents who've called your raise, I agree you'd be in trouble. But with the overpair, either of your opponents may give you action with one spade or top pair, straight draw. Still slightly more ways for you to be ahead than behind right now, but you certainly don't wanna give 'em anything cheap. Good push.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:26 AM

looks fine to me, allin on flop is automatic
Old 12-24-2005, 05:29 AM

If Hero's flop had come AsQsJs against two callers you wouldn't think about laying it down and living to fight?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:32 AM

then I would yes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Id probably just check fold.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:38 AM

Cool - just making sure the automatic flop push referred to this particular flop and not a monochrome A-high flop that you shared no suit with.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:06 AM

Your 2nd example flop is one of the worst possible. I think the guideline is basically to do it if youve got an overpair since it's so rare they'll have the made flush here. Even a JJx/QQx flop might be best to push, not sure about those though.

edit: flop given as example is worst not example is worst