Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-23-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Video Game Supremecy

Don't let Pizownord!!! here that, or you might have a challenge on your hands.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:37 AM

Anyone (besides Blarg) play AOE 2: The Conquerors here? I know, old game, but I used to rock at deathmatch. I'm starting to play a bit more now, so if anyone wants to play some, PM me.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:59 AM

the advent of online games really makes sh1t talking worthwhile.

to this day i will claim goldeneye dominance as i had tied many of the marks set at http://www.the-elite.net/

However, for guaranteed domination I will go with battlefield. My clan [sauce] was #2 on the game and I was ranked as high as # 8. special[sauce]. I think I was the highest ranked non hack player on the net. It was an amazing game for sure. I get flags like no ones business!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Super Mario Bros 3 - Entire game beat in 11 minutes.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/smb3beat-r.html

Pretty cool to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a fake. Search around 2+2 or the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy watching these. As far as I know, none of the creators claim that these videos are anything than what they are. NES Superplays
Old 10-23-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The moral of this story, though, is not my amazing awesomeness. It is that, at the peak of my THPS2 playing days, I went online to check what sorta stuff was considered good. I'd say I matched up pretty well with most, but then I came across a site with videos of a guy putting up like 50 million point tricks, doing [censored] I didn't even realize was possible. That was some perspective for my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.thps3online.com

Search for my screen name (same as here) for a list of my verfied (ie watched by someone who runs the site) combo scores. I tried to challenge some people for money on 2p2 but no one ever came throuugh, so I guess I'll actually post my scores (was trying not to so I could get some action).
Old 10-24-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many of you fighting games guys got the new Warriors game and what you think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty decent, but can be short. I finished in three separate sessions, about 15 hours total. I'll go back and do all of the bonus stuff, unlock everyone and all, but the story mode itself is pretty short.

The AI can be good, though, and there are times where you can be surrounded and overwhelmed, at any difficulty level. Boss fights are very pattern-oriented, similar to old Double Dragon/Streets of Rage games.

If you have friends to play with, it's worth the purchase in order to play co-op and the various Rumble modes.

Oh, and speaking of old-school fighting games, when you complete The Warriors, you unlock a two-dimensional game called "Armies of the Night" that is a throwback to Double Dragon, more than any other game. It even has the famous Double Dragon intro, with the girlfriend being punched in the stomach and dragged off... all with a Warriors twist.

Warriors enthusiasts should make the purchase. Old-school fighter enthusiasts should as well. Others should rent before they buy.

[/long post]
Old 10-24-2005, 11:27 AM

If you can allow a field goal in NFL Blitz then your not good enough.

Are you talking about Blitz 2000 or the original? N64?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For example (this happened recently), if anyone tells me they're a MarioKart expert and then claims anything other than "koopa was the best in super mario kart, toad in mario kart64," they're immediately disqualified in my book. no challenge necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...is this a joke? Bowser and DK Jr. are clearly the best in Super Mario Kart. I refer you to Super Mario Kart Time Trial World Records

Honestly, man, really nothing Koopa or Toad could do can make up for the top speed of Bowser and DKJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think I was the greatest at SMK....

These times are just freakish....

As for online battles....Games like Command & Conquer etc....They could be set-up and 2+2 battles could commence....Good MultiPlayer games would be interesting...

However, Its apparent that there are several posters that are of a National standard to the very least...hence the games would be highly un-interesting...

I used to be decent within my circles but by no means that good @ :

Goldeneye
ISS Pro Evo
Super Mario Kart
Old 10-24-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These games are weak. I am the best original Doom player ever, and it's not even close. I have like over a million frags just by teleport alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

paging pizownored..... paging pizownored....
Old 10-24-2005, 12:41 PM

Lines - I got into the 260's once. It gets to the point where any distraction in the room (at all) causes you to lose.