Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-28-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Cleaner Air AIDING Global Warming

So, turns out that logic and real science might just be winning out over the environmental wackos, of which there are more than a few of on this board. This is an interesting story. Comments??

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/sc...22climate.html
Old 12-28-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Cleaner Air AIDING Global Warming

Who are the 'environmental wackos' on this board? Please name names and cite posts or stop attacking peoples' characters.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Please address the issue.

Those who are environmental wackos know who they are. Whose character did I attack either way?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:08 PM

Haze is lower than O-zone.
So, we made holes in the O-zone and now it seems a layer of haze might help protect us from the damaging rays coming in through the O-zone.

Sounds like the same argument for not quitting drugs cold turkey - the drugs "protect" you from withdrawls. Nevermind that the drugs caused the problem in the first place.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 PM

You attack the character of people who want to protect the environment from the ravages of unregulated industry.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If the pollutants are countering global warming and keeping the air cooler now, how could they have caused global warming?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If the pollutants are countering global warming and keeping the air cooler now, how could they have caused global warming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol so you know the science well enough to know that pollutants do not equal carbon emissions. Pollutants are anything thing that make the air dirty and have nothing to do with emissions that trap certain light spectrums such as carbon emissions.

By posting this you reveal yourself as a knee jerk emotive partisan on this issue who has no regard for real science what so ever.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 AM

Real science, as you put it, has never shown that humans are causing global warming.

Here, in the Liberal Bible of all places, we see that the pollution that we cause may in fact inhibit global warming.

Your response to me was not at all knee jerk or emotive was it?

The sad fact is that there may indeed be global warming taking place. However, there is no real scientific evidence that points to humans being the cause of it. So, where does that leave us? Do we worry about global warming taking place knowing that the Earth has been far warmer in the past than it is now? Should we worry about global cooling, and ice ages knowing that the earth has been cooler than it is now? What is the right thing to do? I'm not asking for your opinion there, I am asking for what the right thing to do is.

As an aside, I will point out the absurdity of what you posted...

[ QUOTE ]
Lol so you know the science well enough to know that pollutants do not equal carbon emissions. Pollutants are anything thing that make the air dirty and have nothing to do with emissions that trap certain light spectrums such as carbon emissions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this doublespeak or something. First you say that I don't know what I am talking about, then you somehow say that...

Pollutants do not equal carbon emissions, pollutants are anything that make the air dirty, which has nothing at all to do with traping light spectrums like carbon emissions which apparently do their deed without getting the air dirty. Because, if they got the air dirty they would be pollutants, which they are not, or something. This is a typical post by someone who believes something despite evidence to the contrary, besides Christians, what do we call people like that?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:33 AM

Default How-may-five-year-olds, etc

I don't understand why you don't understand.

I am trying to rape your wife. Immediately you hack your wife to pieces. The death of the wife prevents my raping. So my rape fails.

Was the hacking a good move or a bad move?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments??

[/ QUOTE ]
Great! Now let's all burn all the coal we can, and do it in as dirty a way as we can. Doing so will make the world a better place for all of us, right.