Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 03:36 AM

Default More curtains in the blinds

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t555)
MP1 (t1010)
MP2 (t905)
CO (t2455)
Button (t1960)
Hero (t725)
BB (t2390)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (t150) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t150</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls t75

Good call? River plan?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: More curtains in the blinds

Fold preflop is what I think. I've got no clue how to play this river though.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:43 AM

i would tend to check most of the rivers that fall (everything but a Q or T prob). the small reraises are suspect sometimes, especially when the raiser has me outchipped by a lot.

i think checking on the river leads to the BB shoving a lot of the time, but I think i fold to that b/c I'm dont think I am ahead here (of course w a read that BB is loose the whole equation changes).
Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 AM

With a 725 chip stack before posting, I fold preflop here.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:53 AM

Fold preflop. And I think a check-fold on an unimproved river is in order too. I'll be interested to see how curtains played it.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:59 AM

surely there is a read there, and if the read was that his oppponent has less than a queen with ten kicker, this i think its a fine call...the river plan will be fully dependant on his read

edit: fold pf?? from the SB with suited paint? yuck...
Old 12-22-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got 725 and will be OOP. Folding PF definitely isn't bad here, calling is a stretch but maybe curtains can make it profitably.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:21 AM

Ok folding preflop is beyond ridiculous, Im sorry to say. Also there were some reads involved in this hand. The limper is a terrible player if I recall and the BB is one of the better $215ers it seems. There are less than 5 $215ers who seem to actually play well in all phases of the game, and I'd say that this guy is probably one of them, althoguh I havent played with them enough yet to be completely sure. I'd rather the OP not mention who they are though.

Anyway I didn't play this hand well at all IMO. Calling the turn is a bit dumb, there is zero chance Im ahead, and its not as though all my outs are clean. Moving allin on the turn is possible after the min raise, but only because my opponent won't call without a very strong hand. In any case folding is probably best. I mainly bet out the turn because I knew the BB would fold if they had nothing, and that it seemed the weak limper had nothing as well. Im really not sure why I decided to call the min raise, although it was actually good that I did because it gave me some information that I may be able to use in the future and honestly I have to say I was curious.

In any case any info that I have gained for the future won't be so valuable if the villian reads this thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So please OP, don't list the screenname.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:24 AM

I disagree. What's the worst hand you call in this spot?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got 725 and will be OOP. Folding PF definitely isn't bad here, calling is a stretch but maybe curtains can make it profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is a stretch??? Oh man, folding this PF is just so bad. It's like ripping up money.