Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-01-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Empire rules.

I'm curious how the moderator of this forum can offer rakeback at Empire in direct opposition to Empire affiliate rule

You shall not and shall not authorise, assist or encourage any third party to:

3.2.9 offer any so-called "rake-back" schemes or similar which offers or allows a proportion of the player's rake to be returned to the player in any form;

link

and also wonder if 2+2 know about this.

Lori
Old 10-01-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Empire rules.

I stand corrected
Old 10-01-2005, 12:48 AM

affiliateEV.com is NOT rakeback. We signup affiliates and help them manage their player base.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:58 AM

But you are assisting third partys to offer rakeback. Otherwise what is the purpose of.

[ QUOTE ]
If you run a website and would like your players to have access to their statistics we can export this data to your website via a live feed. The data can be in plain text, xml, cvs, or any other format you require

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely an affiliate would only be offering their players this information if those players were getting rakeback.

I don't think it's causing drama, I would just rather this were cleared up at the start of the forum.

Lori
Old 10-01-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But you are assisting third partys to offer rakeback. Otherwise what is the purpose of.

[ QUOTE ]
If you run a website and would like your players to have access to their statistics we can export this data to your website via a live feed. The data can be in plain text, xml, cvs, or any other format you require

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely an affiliate would only be offering their players this information if those players were getting rakeback.

I don't think it's causing drama, I would just rather this were cleared up at the start of the forum.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Affiliates want these stats. They may use them to provide rakeback stats or just for personal book keeping.

Personally, I always encourage my affiliates to offer rakeback / prizes. It is a great way to build a player base and keep your users happy.

Empire is well aware of all of the sites that offer rakeback.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I always encourage my affiliates to offer rakeback / prizes. It is a great way to build a player base and keep your users happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how encouraging people to actively break the rule posted above (and by doing so breaking it yourself) is a way to promote yourselves as an honest business.

I'm sure that you are an honest business, I just don't think that openly breaking the rules is the best way to promote yourselves as such.

It is not difficult to retain 99% of your customers and play 100% within the rules. I have sent 'cup a PM to explain one point that I mean (and also to show that I'm not just here to spoil things)

Lori
Old 10-01-2005, 01:49 AM

why pm cup?
did he help set up this new forum?

do we know who is behind this forum?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why pm cup?
did he help set up this new forum?

do we know who is behind this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't quite figured it out.

Honestly, though. I really don't see this forum being THAT useful. Individual affiliates are still not allowed to be discussed right?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:04 AM

Bob, I am a moderator here and do have ties to AffiliateEV.

If anyone has questions or suggestions(as was the case with Lori) for this forum that you would prefer to ask in private, you can PM me or any of the other moderators listed at the bottom of the page and we will address them asap.

Cup
Old 10-01-2005, 02:06 AM

I have searched around and also went to affiliateev website but can't find any information on what specific 2+2'ers are involved.

I would prefer that this information not be kept private.

i believe craigr responded to a post as though he were possibly involved...and lorinda almost implied that cup was in this somehow.

Kind of curious.
But also thinking it is in everyone's best interests to know who's behind it here.