Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: More Support Horror Stories

[ QUOTE ]
it is not a matter of whether he was right or wrong in the first place to deposit like he did but rather the fact the the customer support was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a customer service issue.

it is a security issue. he does not deserve good customer service when he uses someone elses CC. he deserves to be investigated. that is apparently what they are doing but he was too itchy, and therefore called mom's bank.

score another one for the anti-poker camp
Old 08-06-2005, 10:08 AM

This is how you act any time someone doesn't realise that a policy at one site is likely to be the same at another site?

You normally viciously attack someone for doing everything in his power to resolve the situation short of actually paying $500?

You're a paragon of virtue sir. And I'd heard good things about you from my colleagues too.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 AM

And I'd heard good things about you from my colleagues too.

well, go ask them 2 things.

1. how do i treat new members to 2+2

2. do they use other people's credit cards to fund an account in their own name?

if they answered yes to #2, then they are no friends to anyone.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:12 AM

No, that is not what happened. I borrowed my mother's credit card with her permission, and wrote her a cheque for the $500 there and then. No, the cheque did not bounce.

I asked them repeatedly what I should do about the situation, and received zero response. I do not understand your position. If you made a mistake would you simply write off the $500 and shrug your shoulders? What avenue did I miss?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, as someone fairly new here myself, is it the norm to act like a complete jackass when someone posts a question or a comment that u feel is neneath u?

do NOT generalize sir.

i am the welcome wagon for new posters. i am helpful, considerate and friendly.

this however, is the very worst behaivor someone can do in the online community.

i will not hold back on my opinion/statements because the poster is new.

as far as you, i have no beef with you and since you are new i would encourage you to use the search function to find out how i treat new posters under normal circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt generalising-i asked a question that u promptly answered. now if empire customer support could be just as prompt [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

as for accusing someone of carrying out credit card fraud, well that isnt exactly helpful, considerate or friendly imo.

im not here to cause a row or to stand out as a trouble maker thats gonna upset the apple cart BUT this just annoyed me when i read it [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 10:14 AM

It is perfectly within the rules to fund an account from someone else's credit card on PokerStars. PokerStars was where I had played the majority of my poker beforehand. I have likewise deposited on other sites using friends or relatives credit cards.

Of course, I know now that this was against the rules for Empire. Yet they accepted the $500 then froze me as soon as I logged in. If it was not acceptable, they should not have taken the money. They should then have not ignored my every request for information and offer to resolve the situation.

You think I should have written the $500 off after making the - perfectly understandable - mistake do you?

As to your rhetorical questions, I have now seen first hand what you are like.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not here to cause a row or to stand out as a trouble maker thats gonna upset the apple cart BUT this just annoyed me when i read it [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I for one thank you.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I for one thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

no probs. DONT DO IT AGAIN [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 10:24 AM

Well, it certainly taught me to ask around before I deposit on a site.... The fact that Empire have never got in touch with me to ask I pay a covering charge is another matter. Do they even do that? I have never said "No" to that, and infact have never heard anythign from them in any regard to this matter, except for the first mail I required clarification on.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, that is not what happened. I borrowed my mother's credit card with her permission, and wrote her a cheque for the $500 there and then. No, the cheque did not bounce.

[/ QUOTE ]

if u have available funds and can afford to write a $500 cheque and not have it bounce, then why not just set up account with neteller?
will simplify everything-except of course when u wanna cash out from intertops...but thats another story for another day [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]