Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 08:27 AM

Default More Support Horror Stories

Just thought I'd share this one, though it's pretty old.

There was a 100% matching bonus up to $500 on Empire quite a way back (before they ran another that was a "typo" and was rolled back). I hadn't played there yet, so set up an account and deposited $500 from my mother's credit card.

I know that I'm financially irresponsible and so have avoided getting my own card.

As soon as I login, my account is frozen and they ask for forms. Fine - I email and ask if I or my mother should fill out the forms, explaining that it's her card I'm using.

They fail to reply. So I mail again. Each day for a week. I rang them up, to be told that a supervisor would ring me back. I got called once, whilst driving down the motorway at 90mph, so asked that they ring back in 5 minutes whilst I pull over.

I pull over - no response. I ring - "you'll be called back". No call. Try again the next day. No call. No email.

So I chargeback the $500 and haven't played on Empire since. I imagine I'm security flagged there now anyway, I gather that chargebacks cost the company $5 to process. Shame I couldn't charge them for my wasted time too, not to mention the $500 bonus...
Old 08-06-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: More PLAYER Horror Stories

fixed your title.

let me tell you something.

first you broke the agreement of the site by not using your own card. then you threw in credit card fraud by using her card. then you increased the cost of business and became another dirtbag that did a chargeback against a poker room.

people like you are why it is nearly impossible to fund without NETeller or firepay.

soon, those will be more restrictive too because of asswipes like you.

So I chargeback the $500 and haven't played on Empire since. I imagine I'm security flagged there now anyway, I gather that chargebacks cost the company $5 to process. Shame I couldn't charge them for my wasted time too, not to mention the $500 bonus...

you are a worm. you broke the rules and laws and you expect US to pay for it.

F-OFF
Old 08-06-2005, 09:45 AM

I didn't know it was against the rules to use someone elses' credit card. If they'd have said that, I would have cashed out and gone elsewhere. Instead, they left my account frozen and gave me no useful information whatsoever. Once I make the mistake of depositing with another card - which is fine on, say, PokerStars, where I usually played - what exactly am I supposed to do? Leave the $500 there forever?

Thank you for the pleasant response though. I guess it's dirtbags like you that make Internet forums such well-deserved refuges for the innocent player?
Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it's dirtbags like you that make Internet forums such well-deserved refuges for the innocent player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the rules, follow them. And if you don't and you screw up, don't complain. You have noone to blame but yourself.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:54 AM

So if someone makes a mistake and honestly wants to fix it, he should be happy to be ignored on a consistent basis by everyone who can offer help or advice? He should be happy to swallow the $500 loss when he would willingly withdraw his money and go elsewhere or resolve the situation another way? When he'd be willing to deposit money to NETeller - perhaps by depositing $500 to PS with the same card, then withdrawing - to cover the $500 that he was going to put in anyway?

In short, if someone makes a mistake, he's damned and has no recourse? I'm glad neither of you two work in customer support.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if someone makes a mistake and honestly wants to fix it, he should be happy to be ignored on a consistent basis by everyone who can offer help or advice? He should be happy to swallow the $500 loss when he would willingly withdraw his money and go elsewhere or resolve the situation another way? When he'd be willing to deposit money to NETeller - perhaps by depositing $500 to PS with the same card, then withdrawing - to cover the $500 that he was going to put in anyway?

In short, if someone makes a mistake, he's damned and has no recourse? I'm glad neither of you two work in customer support.

[/ QUOTE ]

the money IS NOT YOURS. the funds were obtained by credit card <font color="red"> FRAUD </font>
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58 AM

The $500 wasn't mine? Of course it was. I didn't steal my mother's card...
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: More Support Horror Stories

the original post was about the poor customer support-if u were told that u were gonna be called back on a number of occasions wouldnt u be pissed off that u werent?

it is not a matter of whether he was right or wrong in the first place to deposit like he did but rather the fact the the customer support was bad.

also, as someone fairly new here myself, is it the norm to act like a complete jackass when someone posts a question or a comment that u feel is neneath u?
Old 08-06-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the money IS NOT YOURS. the funds were obtained by credit card <font color="red"> FRAUD </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

do u understand what CC fraud is? if the card wasnt used without permission from the card holder then it isnt fraud.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: More Support Horror Stories

also, as someone fairly new here myself, is it the norm to act like a complete jackass when someone posts a question or a comment that u feel is neneath u?

do NOT generalize sir.

i am the welcome wagon for new posters. i am helpful, considerate and friendly.

this however, is the very worst behaivor someone can do in the online community.

i will not hold back on my opinion/statements because the poster is new.

as far as you, i have no beef with you and since you are new i would encourage you to use the search function to find out how i treat new posters under normal circumstances.