Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

I have 9 outs to the flush, 3 outs to the other 3 non flush 5's, and 3 possible outs with the 3 other aces. Thats 15 outs, which would make me a favorite to win the hand by the river against a pair without an ace. If I bet there, I get no more out of someone who completely bricked the flop, and the only draw that I am letting someone see for free would be either a gutshot straight with them holding the 5 with a 6 hitting, or a lower pocket pair that whiffed this flop, or possible overcards.

If a card that I didn't want hits the turn (which happens 2/3 times, I am about a 32% chance of hitting one of my cards on the turn, and about a 54% chance of hitting by the river), then they will have to bet enough to not give me correct pot odds, which would be 3:1 for 1 card to come (since my chances go down from 54% to 33% with a blank), and most cards that come are not going to scare me into thinking that I am behind.

I am willing to take a risk of losing a small pot which I wouldn't call if the pot odds aren't right to try to induce a bluff to get an even bigger pot that I never would have got had I bet out.

Unconventional, yes. But I don't think this is a bad strategy.