Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: AT9 from the blind, too aggro?

[ QUOTE ]
My reasoning for the PFR was probably bad but I usually will raise any cards that I raise from LP from the BB. Why are you guys saying that the flop was so bad though?
My reasoning there was I had 9 outs to the nut flush, 4 outs to the st8, and 8 outs to overcards that would give me TPTK or TPGK. With 21 outs I had ~45% chance of getting at least 1 card I liked on the turn. Then about the same odds on the river. Against this guy I consider TPGK a monster.

Oh yea has anyone else ever been dealt AT9 preflop? It rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Sorry for the typo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first your overcard outs are 6 at the most since you have an Ace and a 9 in your hand. You can't count one of your flush outs as your str8 out either. So the most number of outs you have is 18, probably more like 14-15 with some discounting. So your equity against one opponent isn't high enough to cap this HU.

But I'm commenting more about the turn. Absolutely no reason to bet here.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: AT9 from the blind, too aggro?

Typing 8 outs to catch a pair was just a mistake when I was writing the post, but I did just learn something about not counting st8 outs as flush outs too :/ It makes sense I just never thought about it :/

This has been a look inside the head of a poker newb [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]