Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: DID I GET SCREWED BY PARTY?

if i read your post correctly, you played A8s UTG in a $15/30 limit game. i truly believe you should muck that unless your table was typically loose and passive, which i doubt is the case at $15/30.

oh yeah, my table got shut down in the middle of a hand as well this morning. wouldn't have made any difference, though because i would have timed out anyways. my 6 month old daughter was fussing, and when i went to pick her up, i noticed a certain smell. she had really let loose with a load of doo that would make Granny's 15,000 some odd pound ass jealous of. there goes another $5.00 onesie! took me 10 minutes to fix that one. glad to know i'm gettin' my money back.

cheers!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:56 PM

You got screwed. Ask for the money back.

If the completely refuse, ask them if they can give you the money as a bonus that you have to clear. I had a problem with a hand involving disconnection in which I had the absolute nuts and lost the pot and even though they wouldn't credit my account for the money, they gave me the amount of the pot in the form of a bonus which I was more than happy to take.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:47 PM

I called Party Poker and spoke to two representitives. They said that they could not credit my account because the server started having problems in the midddle of the hand and therefore it is a "misdeal".

They said that I should read their Disconnection Protection and Cancelation Policy, so I did and this is the only relevant passage:

"Game cancellation policy:

REAL MONEY GAMES: Each player will be refunded back the exact amount of money he or she had at the start of the hand at the time of cancellation."

My next step is to compose an email laying out my arguement. The hand was clearly allowed to be completed in its entirety. I will then try to compromise with them and suggest a bonus like Warik has recomended.