Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Wie & Caddies

because it is crap. The player is the one hitting the shot. It slows things down and looks bad. I know it is within the rules, etc... But tell me this. How many times did a caddie line up Ben Hogan? Tell me what would have happened to one who tried. LOL.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:49 PM

She is a fifteen year old girl. I don't see her knowing what she really wants for several years.

BTW. Can anyone tell me what a caddie makes when they carry the bag for an amateur?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because it is crap. The player is the one hitting the shot. It slows things down and looks bad. I know it is within the rules, etc... But tell me this. How many times did a caddie line up Ben Hogan? Tell me what would have happened to one who tried. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earth to HDPM: you can't hop in a time machine and go back to 1953. You should really start looking at reality, and not just compare everything to the Hogan era.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:13 PM

Actually, when I am made golf dictator, which should be any day now, you won't need a time machine. No shorts. No logos on amateurs. No carts. No long putters. No slow play. No condo canyon courses. 3 hour rounds. It will be a paradise on Earth. If you would just listen to me instead of going along with the modern flow you would be happier. Dump your logos and fawning over pseudo-amateurs Wie and Moore pimping for the equipment companies and hop on the HDPM bandwagon. It is the place to be. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW. Can anyone tell me what a caddie makes when they carry the bag for an amateur?

[/ QUOTE ]

Full time caddies on the LPGA usually make around 10%.

If you are going to caddy for someone for a full week (meaning pro/am, practice rounds, and the tournament) and it's a one time deal, probably 300-600 bucks. This is assuming that it is an amateur not named Michelle Wie.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:08 AM

So if the amateur doesn't get any prize money do they still get 10% of what the amateur would have won, or do they get the 300-600?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if the amateur doesn't get any prize money do they still get 10% of what the amateur would have won, or do they get the 300-600?

[/ QUOTE ]

$300-$600 plus 10% of what the amateur actually won.