Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 AM

Default 2 Recent Excellent Beverages

First the non alcoholic one. I have been pondering the problem of lousy office coffee. Generally I make decent coffee at home and try to bring a big cup to work. However that has all kinds of problems. Namely remembering it do it, having a clean travel cup, remembering to bring the mug home, etc.. So I tried buying the to go cups. Better. But still a hassle since I have piles of to go cups clogging my space. And drinking office coffee sucks. It is cheap and rancid. Often people forget to make it so you don't have a cup when you really need it and you are screwed. The big coffeepot at work doesn't work right either so sometimes you get cold nasty coffee that started as cheap rancid coffee. It sucks. But, the office does have a water cooler that has a hot water thing on it. So I began pondering my coffee victimization and what to do about it. And at a nice kitchen store I found a self contained french press/travel mug. It is a metal insulated travel mug thing where the lid has the plunger and you can just drink out of the same lid. Greatest invention sice saran wrap. Two scoops of good coffee hidden in my desk, fill the mug with the hot water, wait just a few minutes, and mash the plunger down for good coffee enjoyment. No cords, filters, long waits for brewing, cold coffee, etc.... I am no longer a victim. Excellent purchase. And my desk has a good coffee odor when I open the part w/ the coffee.

Now the alcoholic beverage. Had a small gathering tonight. First opened was a 1.5 bottle of silver oak cab that I have had waiting for the right occasion. Ooooh it's a crowd pleaser. Soft silky tasty cab. I suppose it could be criticized as being soft or lacking structure or something, but it is a nice wine. We threw out some munchies, bread, proscuitto, capacolla, peppers, cheese etc... and let people attack it. Good and simple. I am a victim of not being able to drink good cab 18 hours a day, and think I should get a cabernet subsidy to support hardworking American winemakers.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: 2 Recent Excellent Beverages

one look at this post and all i can think is no drink can possibly be worth reading all that
Old 05-14-2005, 12:23 AM

He had a good cabernet and he has this dohicky coffee press thing at work that lets him make good coffee at his desk and drink it out of the same container.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one look at this post and all i can think is no drink can possibly be worth reading all that

[/ QUOTE ]

We know. linky linky drinky drinky
Old 05-14-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:53 AM

some day I hope I can really appreciate the things you just discussed. I mean, I like coffee and all, especially good coffee, but they way you described it, as well as the wine, reminded me of my parents and their friends, and that is not a bad thing at all.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:47 AM

I've been contemplating buying one of those things. Thanks for the review.

What year Silver Oak?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:03 AM

I found a self contained french press/travel mug.

Brand name? Does the coffee stay hot?
Old 05-14-2005, 03:29 AM

That's two excellent posts you made today. I hope you are not on some sickening Crusade to become a nice person. That would be truly despicable.

I have one of those French press coffee thing-a-ma-jigs. It makes wonderful coffee, always smooth and great tasting with no bitterness - That said, I mostly drink tea. Although since I started my new job, I have started down the slippery slope of becoming a coffee junky.

Le Misanthrope
Old 05-14-2005, 10:32 AM

2000 alexander valley.