Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: The Usual Suspects

[ QUOTE ]
That man is a spineless bastard, and very, very good at what he does. I can't believe that man isn't in jail for slander.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen F911, but based on "Bowling...", it would be very difficult to sue Moore for slander. Because he is a worm, he doesn't say things directly. He puts two film clips together, implying that one thing followed from the other. For example, in "Bowling..." he showed people upset that the NRA convention was taking place in Denver soon after Columbine, followed by a shot of Heston holding an old flintlock rifle over his head, doing his "from my cold dead hands" routine. These conventions are planned years in advance, and the NRA could not change the time or place of the Denver meeting. They did cut back on many of the planned activities, including the trade show, which Moore conveniently omits mentioning. The shot of Heston with the rifle was taken almost a year later, I think at the next NRA convention.

Moore also sticks a microphone in peoples' faces and asks slimy questions, of the "Have you stopped beating your wife?" type, rather than actually state his lies as fact. Under the law, you can get away with a lot of innuendo under the guise of entertainment and political satire, which is what Moore's films are. Anyone who thinks Moore's films are documentaries thinks that supermarket tabloids are newspapers.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks Moore's films are documentaries thinks that supermarket tabloids are newspapers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, if you use Moore as a source, you lose all credibility with me and anyone else with enough common sense to check peoples facts, or watch Fox News.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else with enough common sense to check peoples facts, or watch Fox News.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox news? LOL, I think that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on the internet.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone else with enough common sense to check peoples facts, or watch Fox News.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox news? LOL, I think that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering he was a guest columnist for USATODAY and the New York Times was recommending that everyone go see it, I stand by my Fox News comment. It was incredible to see how all the different was different outlets covered Moore. Some did it pretty well, like MSNBC and Slate. Others, like the NYT and USATODAY, did a piss poor job.

As for Fox News, Shep Smith is IMO the best anchor on TV. He is funny, and completely neutral when relaying the news. He is fair and balanced and I would like you to find one quote, just one, of him being otherwise. Good luck!

BTW there are crappy shows on Fox like Fox N Friends and beltway boys, but there is nothing wrong with Studio B. As for O'reilly, he could be better, but I enjoy his interviews and it makes me think (but I use caution with him as sometimes he does well, and othertimes he doesn't). Bill Kristol also provides insightful commentary to anyone interested in politics.

Don't knock Fox News, they have their strong points and weak points, but they are no CBS, and IMO Studio B and the Fox Report with Shep Smith is way above the NYT's.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:24 AM

Default Re: All This Talk About Guns.....

So I dropped by the gun store and picked this one up.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:05 AM

Those things take too long to reload.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those things take too long to reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have to reload that thing, there is something wrong with you.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is not to get even, it is to get ahead. Because somebody will always have more. But you can always have more than you had before. Get as many prizes as you can, as fast as you can. GL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, thats why I like the FN P90. It has a 50 round mag.
I think I shall use them the way I use beer.... one for each arm.
What do you think? Safety first, off course.

Do you think Ray Zee's blood is boiling right about now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the RCP90 from Goldeneye 64?

-AA
Old 10-13-2004, 01:26 PM

"Isn't this the RCP90 from Goldeneye 64?"

Yup. All the guns in that game exist, except the moonraker and golden gun of course.