Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: DON\'T KILL TOOKIE

OK, I'll try again. It's complicated. Stan Williams case in particular is important because it involved a man who was supposedly "rehabilitated." It was reviewed again and again by the courts through numerous appeals, by the Governor, by the Supreme Court and in every review it was found that the death penalty should be upheld.

It reinforces my beliefs from earlier exposures to the case through reading, holloywood, and the opinions of law enforcement officers I know that the actions of Stan Williams on death row were simply the actions of a man who was desparately trying to save his own life. He was not in fact rehabilitated. The testimony of guards on numerous occassions was that he still had contact with and directed gang operations. This man had two faces. You said yourself he was responsible for negotiating a "truce." How do you think he did that if he did not have intimate knowledge about all the aspects involved?

I believe that it was his secret hope to one day be released from prison and resume control of the gang he founded. The childrens books, etc were simply means to this end. I think the justice system saw through it no matter who he had fooled from the outside.

Is that better?