Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 PM

Default JJ hand from Super

No read on Villain and I haven't shown down any hands at this table. Villain has me covered I have 1.3k to start hand

Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Jd Js ]
Folds to me
Hero raises [150].
Folds to villain in bb
Villain calls [100].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qc, 4c, Th ]
Villain checks.
Hero bets [200].
Villain calls [200].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ah ]
db1313 checks.
Hero is all-In [935]
Old 12-22-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: JJ hand from Super

what are the blinds??
Old 12-22-2005, 11:49 PM

Explain why you are all-in with two overcards and three broadways showing. I assume this is early when donks are still calling here wit A2.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Explain why you are all-in with two overcards and three broadways showing

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm..JJ is a pair, not two overcards and J's are lower in rank than Q's and A's.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 AM

I hate this spot, but pushing is what I do most of the time here, and I'm not sure if its always correct. (probably not if I do it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

I think the A is a great card to push/bluff on given your PF raise.

Unfortunatly It doesn't fold many A's, but it should fold a lot of Q's which he will have here a lot of the time.

Unfortunaly your bet also folds hands you are ahead of (T's other small PP's) but if you check the turn you may induce a bluff you cannot call on the river.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-23-2005, 02:39 AM

Well when I was filtering the names in hand I left out somewhat vital info that I was co-1. Anyway With these stack sizes I felt if villain liked his hand enough to go broke he would have gotten it in on flop. The turn card is either really good for me or really bad but when he checks again I feel like I have to take a shot here, I also desperately want teh 700 in the pot as it was getting close to push/fold time. Any hand that I'd bet on turn for value I'd probably push as well so I shoved, thoughts?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway With these stack sizes I felt if villain liked his hand enough to go broke he would have gotten it in on flop. The turn card is either really good for me or really bad but when he checks again I feel like I have to take a shot here, I also desperately want teh 700 in the pot as it was getting close to push/fold time. Any hand that I'd bet on turn for value I'd probably push as well so I shoved, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-23-2005, 03:06 AM

When ellipse 87 speaks of "2 overcards" I believe he is referring to the fact that there are 2 overcards to Heros pocket pair on the flop. Also, the reference to 3 broadway cards is pointing out the A, Q, and T. A "broadway" hand such as KJ (which donks LOVE to play) would obviously have a straight at this point.
OP refers to a hand from a "Super". Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a "Super" is... is it a $1 buy in? $100 + rebuys? Point being that if it's a low buy in ellipses point about donkeys calling with A2 and playing broadway hands rings quite true... If I'm way off the mark here give me a break, just starting to post [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When ellipse 87 speaks of "2 overcards" I beleive he is referring to the fact that there are 2 overcards to Heros pocket pair on the flop. Also, the reference to 3 broadway cards is pointing out the A, Q, and T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops, I'm on glue.

Super is a $150+$12 nightly tourney on Party, lots of donks early as there are lots of satelittles.

Regards,
Woodguy