Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:16 AM

Default $1/$2 Stud High - Looking for a hand

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (3.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (5.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (7.40 BB)
Old 12-20-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: $1/$2 Stud High - Looking for a hand

Muck third, but everything else looks good.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 AM

I would bet 4th.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:38 AM

About a year ago I was sitting in the $6/$12 on Paradise and there was this total maniac at the table. He kept typing this little rap into the chatbox:

I start with air and then fight <font color="white">_ </font> t o <font color="white">_ </font> g e t <font color="white"> _ </font> t h e r e.

I was on a 1k roll when I started and at the end I had 2k. The maniac and the fact that I was rolled up over 20 times helped.
Those were the days…
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 AM

I'm folding third also.

Jeff
Old 12-20-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I start with air and then fight _ t o _ g e t _ t h e r e.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Yea, between the small ante and large BI, that limp was a bit of third street spewage. But, ya know, I was just trying to find a couple of extra hands to play.

The results are kind of humorous and NOT intended to be results oriented…

The King had nothing, just King high versus my mighty Ace high. He chased the whole way to river a pair of eights.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about that benwood. That limp on third was pretty light and I'm not gonna get everyone to fold. Heck, the King called me down with air. I don't want to put in any more money when I'll probably have to fold on fifth, let alone risk a raise on fourth.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 PM

Well, I agree that folding 3rd is the sure play. Even wanting to play, this still isn't the hand. Even if the K's limp is weak, pairing the Q could be a disaster.

But if you are gonna play, raise 3rd.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you are gonna play, raise 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else completing in this kind of situation will make me think twice about playing this junk.

I don’t think the King would have limped if he had split Kings, he was too aggressive for that. With a completion, I might have been able to parlay our two strong door-cards into an additional fold or two. Does that make any sense?