Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-01-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Lets list them!

Major mistakes I am unfortunate to take prolonged time to extinguish from my reportoare.

1. Having a big stack, but not great and the rock of gibraltar to my left with a low/medium stack. Me holding some medium pp Ax-x above T, unchallenged pot I bring it in for a raise in mp/lp and Gibraltar comes over the top. I flipp far to often. Is it worth it looking solely on pot odds knowing you have about even odds at best? My brain doesn`t correspond to well with my hand on mouse here
2. Trying some outrages play in the blinds against opponents who has me covered and are far to willing to flipp. When the pot holds something like 4K and my stack is 50K+. The left side of my head is near hairless.
3. Deciding that my image credits me far more then my hand, not realizing that my opponent has noe clue about image.
4. Taking aproximately 0,2 seconds to decide upon action that is devoting my entire stack.
5. Actually forgetting to ask my self" Now why would he bet like that?" And autopiloting the wrong answer

Just a few in a list that is all to long

Bring it on, what is your most reocurring/hard to get rid of mistakes that makes tourney life misserable far to often?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Lets list them!

For awhile I was actually making a list of these types of problems. But after awhile I decided I had two problems that happened way too frequently.

1) I was making moves on people to buy pots when they didn't realize they should fold and thought that bottom pair was a monster.

2) I acted too quickly when making a decision for all my chips (either pushing or calling).

And a bonus problem:

I cannot play 4 MTTs at the same time and be effective, even if I can play more than 4 SNGs and do well. They are different beasts that require a very different level of paying attention and getting into a rhythym.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 AM

2 & 4.

Also,

6. labeling a player as a fish and inexplicably proceeding to play like one against him.

7. Being a weak-tight b***h by betting or calling a huge portion of my stack when I should be going all-in.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 AM

i don't bluff well. I do it at random times when i decide this pot should be mine. I dont do it often, but when i do, it doesn't work, and i have absolutely no showdown value. Gotta stop that.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:58 AM

My biggest mistake is I get bored quite easily and start playing hands I really shouldn't just because I need something to do.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:08 AM

4 for sure.
Also acting too quickly without actually thinking long enough about how villain(s) have played the hand so far to come up with a better hand range for him/them.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:17 AM

I am still too much of a calling station and don't put in a raise early enough to define my hand before my opponents draw out on me.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 AM

my biggest leak is in blind defense. i'll call a 3 times the BB raise from CO or button more times than not and then when I hit top pair (with holdings of like J8o) on board of J62, I'm too ready to call or bet off most or all of my chips and don't give the PFR enough credit for actually having a hand. Then they turn over a big pocket pair like QQ.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 AM

Not coming first.......ever!
Seconds, numerous, thirds yes.......but that god dam first place [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I have decent profit on the year, but not finishing first has to be my biggest mistake.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:55 AM

I sometimes give some players too much credit and others not enough. Lable people wrongly. Fail to realize that people I am playing against probably dont understand Pot Odds, Position, That bottom pair sucks 90% of the time, that a set to a flush or straight board sucks too, etc etc etc....I could keep going. Oh yeah, and that All-In is the only play since that is how its done on ESPN and WPT. Idiots!! Gosh!!