Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Party\'s trying to jack me

Ok, a little venting here, but after entering my gains in my tracking spreadsheet last night after playing on Party, I noticed that my total gain seemed low. I checked it today against my PT stats and it was $100 short (and, yes I checked to see if there were any errors in importing) and so I e-mailed them and they responded with a "transaction spreadsheet" and I compared that to my table stats, and found that their final stat of me "Taking money from Table XXXXX" was $100 short, and I verified this with the hh. So, I am waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully this gets taken care of, but it makes me wonder how many other times they have done this.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Party\'s trying to jack me

Never once to me, been on party for over a year. I have cashed out/in countless times.

Let me be clear, you are saying when you left a table with say, $300, only $200 actually went back into you BR? Are you positive?

You should post their response Email.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:19 PM

Yeah, that's right (they said I left table with $545, when it was actually $645). I just came back to PP after about a year, due to you know what, and am already fed up with them. Their reply to my last e-mail was basically, "get back to us in 24 to 48 hrs, because we can't see the hand histories". I'll update when I hear back from them.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:38 PM

Not exactly the same as what you are saying, but I had a similar discrepancy once in my own records vs. Party. It turned out I had forgot to tally a rebuy I made at the table in my own records.

The Party Hand Histories are tricky this way, because they don't explicity report the rebuy, you just all of a sudden have more $ at the start of the next hand.

So, even though I recorded the proper amount that I "left the table" with, my total bankroll was off. It took a lot of checking on my end before I figured out I was wrong.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 PM

Dear okayplayer,

Thank you for contacting us. After reviewing your complaint and hand history, I have determined that your password is needed in order to procede. In the meantime I highly recommend you try out our new sidebets and blackjack options. Enjoy!

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Dilan Dikshit
Poker Customer Care
Old 10-19-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear okayplayer,

Thank you for contacting us. After reviewing your complaint and hand history, I have determined that your password is needed in order to procede. In the meantime I highly recommend you try out our new sidebets and blackjack options. Enjoy!

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Dilan Dikshit
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played. Well played.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:08 PM

That is very troubling. Glad I don't play there.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, a little venting here, but after entering my gains in my tracking spreadsheet last night after playing on Party, I noticed that my total gain seemed low. I checked it today against my PT stats and it was $100 short (and, yes I checked to see if there were any errors in importing) and so I e-mailed them and they responded with a "transaction spreadsheet" and I compared that to my table stats, and found that their final stat of me "Taking money from Table XXXXX" was $100 short, and I verified this with the hh. So, I am waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully this gets taken care of, but it makes me wonder how many other times they have done this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure your PT isn't missing any hands? If you do fold during your last hand and then shut down the client before the hand is complete you'll never get that HH onto your hard drive. Is it possible you were playing 20/40 or something, lost $100 in action on your last hand before folding on the turn and shutting down the program? Just a thought anyway!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:22 PM

I'll set the lines:

Chances OP screwed up: -450
Chances Party Poker has a bug that's stealing money: +1250
Old 10-19-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure your PT isn't missing any hands? If you do fold during your last hand and then shut down the client before the hand is complete you'll never get that HH onto your hard drive. Is it possible you were playing 20/40 or something, lost $100 in action on your last hand before folding on the turn and shutting down the program? Just a thought anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought might have happened, so I went through all of my hands for the previous night, and traced all of my "Take money $XXX to Table XXXXX" and found that the last hand that I played I started with $985 and lost $340, and the "Take money $545 from Table XXXXX" was $100 short. I remember this distinctly, because that hand pissed me off, and I left the table after folding my next hand pre-flop. FWIW, the MikeO guy from Party PMed me and said he'd look into it. We'll see what happens. I'm just more concerned about the times that this may have happened before where I didn't catch it; though I just returned to Party after a year hiatus.